`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1989 topps???????

RE: 1989 topps???????
(04-18-2013, 03:21 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: no harm, but it will never be gum again Tongue lol
It was never gum to begin with LMAO.......

Send the gum to PSA and see if they will authenticate it!!!

I got you beat.. In 2011 when they did that whole anniversity jive on the website with the rings, I won a 1987 wax pack. When I got it, guess what i did? You betcha! I took that stick of gum and as i raised it to the heavens above, put it into my mouth. Let me ask you this.. Ever eat a stick of chalk before? Thats exactly what it was like... It exploded into a billion little specs of dust and bamf.. I laughted my ***** off it was so horrid. And thats a true story. Smile EAT IT EAT IT EAT IT. YOU CAN DO ETTTTTTTT
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one that has done this. I did chew the gum back in 1987 and I knew it sucked even back then. No clue what made me think that almost 20 years of aging in a warehouse filled with who knows what was going to improve it any...

Wife and I did a youtube video in 2009 eating a gum out of 1984 Topps football. We both thought it was gross.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Even when they were new packs, the gum wasn't too good. It was sweet for a minute or two and then it was time to spit it out.
If you TRY to chew it now, expect to see a similarity with chewing glass. You'll be slightly safer though b/c you won't lose as much blood as you would if you tried to eat a beer bottle. Wink

Last weekend my buddy tried the gum out of a 2009 pack of something baseball (out of a retail value box). He literally sliced his tongue open! That stuff goes bad fast.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(04-20-2013, 03:54 AM)cross4444 Wrote: Last weekend my buddy tried the gum out of a 2009 pack of something baseball (out of a retail value box). He literally sliced his tongue open! That stuff goes bad fast.
I guess I was wrong about the blood loss thing, huh!?

Wink

Hard to believe that the baseball cards were originally included as an incentive to get you to buy the gum. When I started collecting in 1970, I'd buy boxes of cards at 5 cents a pack and all the gum went right into my mouth. I'd have a ping-pong ball sized glob of it that I would attach to my bedpost each night and the next morning, right back into my mouth. It would take a good couple of minutes for it to soften up again. I got real good at blowing bubbles. That was 43 years ago and amazingly, I still have all my teeth. Memories.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(04-18-2013, 04:15 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: It was never gum to begin with LMAO.......
IDK...card companies stopped doing it on a frequent basis by the time I WAS BORN Tongue lol had to do it gents Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75