`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone ever see a counterfeit Upper Deck jersey card? +update.

RE: Anyone ever see a counterfeit Upper Deck jersey card? +update.
Hmmm, it sounds to me like you're just having buyers regret and are looking for an excuse to get your money back.

Enjoy the card, there's no way anyone would go to THAT much trouble to fake a card like that.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(04-18-2013, 11:06 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Hmmm, it sounds to me like you're just having buyers regret and are looking for an excuse to get your money back.

Enjoy the card, there's no way anyone would go to THAT much trouble to fake a card like that.
Not at all.
Im looking to get one of each player from the set (some players had either a bat or a jersey card).

Im a printer for a living, so little details like that stick out to me. I got concerned when the color stuck out to me and then I started getting Nit Pickey with all the other things I was noticing about it.

Im happy with what I paid, and am fine with keeping it AS LONG AS ITS LEGIT.

As far as the color of scanner, I have the card in hand and am comparing to others from the same set I have in hand as well.
(just wanna be clear that Im not accusing the seller either, as these "imperfections" are not something that anyone would really pick up on unless they have an eye for detail)

couldn't it have faded depending on where it's been stored these last 13 years?
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(04-18-2013, 10:35 PM)creativemunky Wrote: It does have the hologram. In the same EXACT spot where the others go.
But being super picky, I looked at it through the loop and the corners of the hologram were just a lil tiny bit rounded compared to another card I have the corners are super sharp.
I think that under close scrutiny, you can find a wide selection of variants of color, centering, cuts, etc. if that hologram is there, that's good enough for me. It's the real deal. 1) it looks really good 2) how much time and effort would go into making relic counterfeits? I don't think it's worth the time/effort. That would be like counterfeiting a dollar bill vs. a twenty dollar bill. If you're making the effort, wouldn't you want to really benefit?
Its real, enjoy it and stop worrying, oh and, put away the loop. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.