`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ending prices on the bay

Ending prices on the bay
As I was browsing on the bay I saw a card going for way above bv and wondered why? I then search completed listings and saw that sometimes the 2012 Topps #123 1984 rookie reprint Marino sometimes goes for $20-$30 and other times it won't sell for $.99. Does anyone know why, or is there something different about the card and I don't know/see it? Thanks for any and all help with this.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

RE: Ending prices on the bay
My best guess is that maybe sometimes people don't realize they are bidding on a reprint. Just look at the picture and don't read the description or the title very closely.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

That or sometimes two people need it at the exact same time and a bidding war starts. Its all about a perfect storm sometimes.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

People probably weren't aware of what they were bidding on. I looked on the bay most of those 20-30 dollar 2012 rc reprint Marinos were coming from one seller. Which to me is odd. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't actually get paid for.
[Image: flo.jpg]
Sadistically collecting Chad OchoCinco Johnson
non 1/1's 2660/3840 69.25% complete

*Every time you use the word "MOJO" an angel gets full blown aids*

Or someone who really wants it contacts the seller immediately to end the auction for X amount of money.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

In that case. I should put the thirty or so I have up
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

I think its someonenot paying attention to the title but who knows I was at the lcs yesterday and a guy bought 10 packs of prizm chasing a tony gonzales base card instead of just bying 1 off the internet
Photobucket

(04-14-2013, 12:56 PM)stefanjwhite Wrote: People probably weren't aware of what they were bidding on. I looked on the bay most of those 20-30 dollar 2012 rc reprint Marinos were coming from one seller. Which to me is odd. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't actually get paid for.
Probably not. Those sound like someone playing games with shill accounts trying to get some poor unsuspecting person to jump in thinking there's something special about the card. They create an artificial bidding war with two accounts hoping a third person throws a bid in and wins it.

(04-14-2013, 04:49 PM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: I think its someonenot paying attention to the title but who knows I was at the lcs yesterday and a guy bought 10 packs of prizm chasing a tony gonzales base card instead of just bying 1 off the internet
Did he get it?
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library