`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe Out!

RE: Kobe Out!
(04-13-2013, 05:28 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Brian is 110% correct. A torn Achilles and he is done. I actually thought that Brian was asking if he would come back next year.
The questions referred more to would he come back at all. I never thought anyone would think he had a chance to come back this year so I didn't make the question specific enough I guess.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Just saw it on sports center - it's definitely a ruptured achilles. Kobe's expected to be out 6-9 months. Can he come back? Technically yes - but will he be the same player? Look at what an achilles injury did to patrick Ewing's career. Will he come back? Probably but i doubt he'll be the same impact player he was. He'll no doubt try but it won't be the same as he'll be constantly wondering if he'll reinjure the same achilles. Should he come back? Next season probably not - take a season off, get fully rested and accustomed to a new role. Will the lakers make the play-offs? If they do, it'll be be just barely.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(04-13-2013, 05:52 PM)briankort Wrote: The questions referred more to would he come back at all. I never thought anyone would think he had a chance to come back this year so I didn't make the question specific enough I guess.
It was specific enough for me...I thought you were talking about him coming back....at all.

I still think/hope he will come back. Mariano Rivera is in his 40's and he tore an ACL. If you think that knee ligaments aren't important to a pitcher....look at a pitchers wind up. It took him 11 months-ish to recover but he has, what, 5-6 years on Kobe?

Kobe ruptured his Achilles tendon. 6 months and the average person doing average activities could return. Add a few months because an NBA player is not the average person(health-wise, they just aren't) so 9 months is realistic. That would bring him back in January/February of next year. THe Lake show would need to gut it out until then.

As far as Kobe wondering about a rerupture. There is only a five percent chance of a rerupture of the Achilles. This figure decreases according to who your surgeon is. Believe me, the Lakers are not going to have some kid out of medical school performing here. THey will use the best which will almost mitigate the risk of a rerupture.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

At first I didnt know it was a complete rupture. A strain, he could have come back, a rupture, no chance. For this season at least. I think the first few posts, it wasnt known that it was a rupture, so he could have come back this season in theory. Minutes after I posted I saw it was a complete rupture. Thats a game changer for his career. I think the doctors will tell him to sit out a season or all the seasons, but his agent and fans will want him to come back, which he will but at a lower level. But hes still Kobe, he can do more hadicapped than most fully able. We've all seen it before.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I think he tries to make a comeback. If he feels good he might play 2 more years. Regardless of what he decides, he will still be one of the greatest players of all time and a first ballot HOFer.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(04-13-2013, 01:31 PM)evanturner12 Wrote: He brings a bad image to the NBA so he shouldn't come back.
Seriously, this may the dumbest post on Beckett ever

(04-14-2013, 11:32 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Seriously, this may the dumbest post on Beckett ever
....LOL and this is why I always enjoy your posts bro! Always calling it like it is! Smile
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75