`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop It PANINI!!

RE: Stop It PANINI!!
(04-12-2013, 09:04 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Well Im just addressing these false nameplates and numbers were seeing in Panini products. I havent seen that in UD stuff. I also just like what UD is doing with bringing back old school inserts and such. It may not be new, but its what a ton of collectors want. For being a company that only releases a few things a year and has financial issues, they are making top notch stuff. Meanwhile Panini corners the market and gives us cheap patches on high end products that are clearly visibly not from the players jersey on the card. Its just tacky and disrespectful. I saw the preview for 2013 Spx and I absolutely love it! Lots of good looking cards in that set and dual shadowbox autos. Thats frickin cool! Those mockups by Sergio are amazing. Sucks they got upset about it but maybe that was an idea they had and now he unveiled it early not knowing? haha
UD has been using different jerseys for years. Why else do you have random patches in 2004-2005 SP Authentic? They wore "throwback" jerseys of different players. What's the difference?

Also, UD is only reusing Fleers designs for their football products (and their own old designs).

You looked at hockey lately? Their designs pop! Great looking cards.

Football cards are bottom barrel. Basketball, Hockey, Baseball. 3 international sellers. Football? Nope. So, why dump ANY money into a top design team? That's why their other stuff rocks and their FB brand design is all "borrowed".
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

In regards to the Sports Card industry there is no free market enterprise. Perhaps collectors, sage, leaf, upper deck, press pass and any other individual or entity should file a class action anti-trust lawsuit against Topps, Panini, the NFLPA, the NFL, and each and every individual player that wears the logo!

This is absolutely absurd. This is why Monopolies are bad, it will only continue to get worse. As a consumer I believe that a jersey placed on a card is that of the same player. If you are going to stick a jersey on a card that is not respective of him you need to inform the customer on the outside of the box. Where it can easily be read prior to the purchase of the product.

Sports is an event, event promoters or participants of the event should not charge a fee for publishers to print pictorial information from the event. If they don't want it printed then they should NOT host the event nor participate in the event, nor collect funds from spectators of the event. If the publishers are good they will make money from their publishing skills, if they are bad......IE Panini they won't.......

However at this point in time the NFLPA is not allowing Upperdeck, Sage, Leaf, or ??? to print actual event photo's and thus forcing other hobbyists like myself to either lose memory of the team/player/event. Or purchase an inferior and inaccurate representation of the team/player/event.

If your going to complain try Keith Gordon, President of NFL Players, Inc.

Lets get an online movement or petition going Smile

What do we want!
1. A CHOICE! to choose a quality product from a company that is willing and able to create it. Anyone with a printer should be able to print and offer a card.

What are we getting Monopolized..... option A (crap) and option B (poop) with misleading packaging and misleading products along with guaranteed hits that are unfulfilled promises (redemptions).

What are we missing free enterprise.......option C (upper deck), option D (sage), option E (anyone else). Along with a quality product that is representative of itself. Accountability, we do not get a fulfillment dates we get an expiration date. It's a lose lose for the consumer.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(04-12-2013, 08:33 PM)ugameck Wrote: Really? Trust me - I'm no fan boy - the last 3 boxes I've bought have all been Topps Value boxes (I'd maybe kill to get some more).....

But how has UD really done anything? How many different versions of Herschel Walker base cards can I collect? How many auto graphs of his on sticker can I collect with the same few photos they have the rights of?

At least presspass has been consistent (they're old designs were arguably to me - the best for on card autos).

UDs design team hasn't produced anything unique. Ask Serg. They got pissed when he produced a mock-up of Exquisite....because, I guarantee, their team couldn't create such a design and they're envious.

Take a look if you haven't... http://www.bustingpacks.com/football-pre...e-football
Sergio is freaking amazing!!!
(04-12-2013, 09:59 PM)ugameck Wrote: UD has been using different jerseys for years. Why else do you have random patches in 2004-2005 SP Authentic? They wore "throwback" jerseys of different players. What's the difference?

Also, UD is only reusing Fleers designs for their football products (and their own old designs).

Football cards are bottom barrel. Basketball, Hockey, Baseball. 3 international sellers. Football? Nope. So, why dump ANY money into a top design team? That's why their other stuff rocks and their FB brand design is all "borrowed".
Do you think the reason for this is there is more demand for football products than other sports?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I think there is more demand for the other sports - internationally. I think UDs hockey coffers are full. Look at the price of the Sidney Crosby Upper Deck rookie card - the base YG card. What 1 base RC football card compares?

I think it helps, however, that those sports play sooooo many games a season that there is a plethora of jerseys available per year. And - awesome colors and logs associated with basketball and hockey. NFL is catching up on the "flair" lately (Seattle maybe?).

I think everyone dumps a ton of crap on football collectors because they've got 20,000 sticker autographs from a single 4th round draft pick and know they have to distribute them. So, number 20 sets to 1000.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(04-12-2013, 09:59 PM)ugameck Wrote: UD has been using different jerseys for years. Why else do you have random patches in 2004-2005 SP Authentic? They wore "throwback" jerseys of different players. What's the difference?

Its not that I even care that its an event worn jersey. I get they have to do that. It sucks, but it is what it is. What bothers me is these numbers that are used that only benefit Panini and having the name say ROOKIE rather than their name. I have never ever seen a UD product so blatantly do that. It was so easy to look at these NT rc booklets and go what the hell? Something doesnt look right. So then you start looking at closer and notice all the details and then it raises so many questions. So then you ask Panini those questions and they give you the answer I mentioned originally about how enough nike jerseys werent available so they had Osweiler wear his teamates jersey and that is why the number is 88. But then you find out that is a complete lie when NT came out because all the rcs have the number 88. So now what do you do with a card company that just straight up lies to you? What do you do with all your cards that have the COA on the back? You surely cant just believe everything it says now. Or you can if you want to just sit there and take their crap and be spoonfed. Its just very frustrating right now. I know UD is just remaking designs but those designs are what people want right now and those designs are what a lot of people in the hobby started the hobby with as a child including myself. Thats why in basketball we have the whole insert craze. So now they are addressing it in football as well and its awesome.
(04-13-2013, 08:16 PM)warcraftin Wrote: In regards to the Sports Card industry there is no free market enterprise. Perhaps collectors, sage, leaf, upper deck, press pass and any other individual or entity should file a class action anti-trust lawsuit against Topps, Panini, the NFLPA, the NFL, and each and every individual player that wears the logo!

This is absolutely absurd. This is why Monopolies are bad, it will only continue to get worse. As a consumer I believe that a jersey placed on a card is that of the same player. If you are going to stick a jersey on a card that is not respective of him you need to inform the customer on the outside of the box. Where it can easily be read prior to the purchase of the product.

Sports is an event, event promoters or participants of the event should not charge a fee for publishers to print pictorial information from the event. If they don't want it printed then they should NOT host the event nor participate in the event, nor collect funds from spectators of the event. If the publishers are good they will make money from their publishing skills, if they are bad......IE Panini they won't.......

However at this point in time the NFLPA is not allowing Upperdeck, Sage, Leaf, or ??? to print actual event photo's and thus forcing other hobbyists like myself to either lose memory of the team/player/event. Or purchase an inferior and inaccurate representation of the team/player/event.

If your going to complain try Keith Gordon, President of NFL Players, Inc.

Lets get an online movement or petition going Smile

What do we want!
1. A CHOICE! to choose a quality product from a company that is willing and able to create it. Anyone with a printer should be able to print and offer a card.

What are we getting Monopolized..... option A (crap) and option B (poop) with misleading packaging and misleading products along with guaranteed hits that are unfulfilled promises (redemptions).

What are we missing free enterprise.......option C (upper deck), option D (sage), option E (anyone else). Along with a quality product that is representative of itself. Accountability, we do not get a fulfillment dates we get an expiration date. It's a lose lose for the consumer.

I agree with the petition thing! That is partly why I started this thread lol. Also made a video and comment on all of Paninis videos. I just want them to know that they pissed a lot of people off this year with these garbage overpriced products and collectors dont deserve that. Good to see you back on here. Havent seen you post in awhile.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/