`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: How would you handle this issue?

OT: How would you handle this issue?
I saw an item on another site and made an offer for the item.

Item description was for a 2012 National Treasure K.J. Wright auto /25 for a great price.

Made an offer and seller accepted the offer.

Now, here's the issue. When I did a quick check on the 2012 National Treasure checklist, there is no K.J. Wright for this year. Looked on Beckett, and found it was 2011.

Now, I wanted this because it stated 2012, but it's really 2011.

I've contacted the seller and asked for clarification, but how would you approach this situtation being that the item was mislabeled by the seller, and there was no photo of the back of the card, only front.

Partially my mistake for not doing the full look at this year's cards for NT, but seller was kind of wrong more for putting wrong info.

Waiting to hear back from seller, but how would you folks handle this if this was your situation?

At this point, I'm no longer interested because it's 2011, and I was under the impression it was 2012.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

RE: OT: How would you handle this issue?
You have an out. You are under no obligation to purchase. Paypal won't hold you to it because the item is not what was stated. You're fine.

The problem with National Treasure (or any cards put out this year so far, other than Leaf, Press Pass or Sage) is that the production year isn't the same as the "year". So, the 2012 National Treasures cards are technically 2013 cards, because they were made this year, but because they have the "rookies" for last year as rookies, and the draft hasn't happened yet, they are still considered 2012. Same with last year, they are considered 2011 cards, even though they were produced in 2012. The card on the back with the year next to the copyright is listed as 2012. This is probably why the seller put it as 2012, because that's what the card says, even though the set is listed as 2011.

how much did it end up costing?

selller ended up cancelling the auction without any issues to me.

Easy to work with, and was amazed.

bojoesphob - good point. never throught about it this way.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA