`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two 1975 G.Carter PSA 9's?

Two 1975 G.Carter PSA 9's?
Hi everyone. Cards are all so new to me again after collecting in the 70's and 80's. Over the last month or so I have been looking at boards and auctions and such. It's just amazing of what it is now.

I have purchased some cards including two 1975 G.Carter PSA 9's I won at auction. I wanted some opinions if I got a good deal or not. They cost me $421 and $451.21. Didn't think I would win both but I did.

Thanks for your input, Jamie.

RE: Two 1975 G.Carter PSA 9's?
1975 Pee-O-Chee books for $25 and Topps books for $20...sorry

Graded cards sell and are worth more with a higher grade, I think you did well. 1975 Is a very popular set and just the commons sell for 20-60 graded psa 9.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Nice cards, its hard to find PSA 9s that old of stars. But honestly, I think you may have over paid. If you look at recent completed auctions on ebay, there was on that sold on March 3rd for $224 and a couple of unopened cello packs with the Carter on front that was graded PSA 9 that sold for around $300. A PSA 9 (OC) sold for $16.50 the same day you won your 2 auctions. generally at the start of baseball season, cards will sell at a higher premium than say, a month after the all-star break.

Now, what you may have woking for you now is that you drove up the price of the card considerably and future auctions may now sell in the $450 range and your cards will hold their value. Hopefully that's the case.

Ive recently started putting together a nice "vintage" (80's cards of HOFers) PSA 9 collection and I was getting better deals about a month ago and before Spring Training started. But hey, sometimes you gotta spend the coin on cards you want! :-)

'75 topps cards seemed to have jumped up quite a bit on Ebay since I have returned to collecting (about 1.5 years ago). I remember mediocre, raw Brett RC's going for 20-30 on ebay, and the same cards now are going for quite a bit more... (50-60)... those cards are FAR from a PSA 9...

Good looking set with a lot of colored borders and other issues. HoF'er RC... (Although I may argue with his HoF status...)...

The search Jcanavas did will tell you all you need to know as far as overpaying... I would definitely start using Ebay past sale prices as a research tool. I use it a lot to determine my "I won't go over $XXX"... It sounds like you may have entered a bidding war with 2-3 people on the same warpath, after the same two cards, And won them both!

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I'm sorry but you were given some confusing info here, I'll try to help.

1) Disregard book as well as auctions with qualifiers. They mean nothing when it comes to rare high graded HOF vintage.
2) You have a high graded HOF rookie that is in the top 6.4% of the PSA population for the card. Only 5 graded higher. Great investment.
3) The auction 3/3 referred to the mini version of this set and card which sells for much less. The cello packs can also be disregarded since the graded pack market is smaller than the single card market.
4) The compareable auctions are: 3/19 ($449 probstein), 3/31 ($400) & 4/5 ($436.51 PWCC) and yours
5) Did you pay as much or more as power sellers (who are well known in the hobby for achieving the best prices for their cards) have gotten? Yes. But not by much. You are right in the average for the card at this point in the year.

Many collector's are realizing the tough graded HOF rookies need to be bought up fast because the market is drying a little with a recent trend towards vintage box breaking. I think these will hold up well over time. Cheers.

(04-11-2013, 07:00 PM)jnorlund32 Wrote: I'm sorry but you were given some confusing info here, I'll try to help.

1) Disregard book as well as auctions with qualifiers. They mean nothing when it comes to rare high graded HOF vintage.
2) You have a high graded HOF rookie that is in the top 6.4% of the PSA population for the card. Only 5 graded higher. Great investment.
3) The auction 3/3 referred to the mini version of this set and card which sells for much less. The cello packs can also be disregarded since the graded pack market is smaller than the single card market.
4) The compareable auctions are: 3/19 ($449 probstein), 3/31 ($400) & 4/5 ($436.51 PWCC) and yours
5) Did you pay as much or more as power sellers (who are well known in the hobby for achieving the best prices for their cards) have gotten? Yes. But not by much. You are right in the average for the card at this point in the year.

Many collector's are realizing the tough graded HOF rookies need to be bought up fast because the market is drying a little with a recent trend towards vintage box breaking. I think these will hold up well over time. Cheers.
Excellent and well thought response here. I agree totally!
Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.

(04-12-2013, 12:16 PM)SFssft1911 Wrote: Excellent and well thought response here. I agree totally!
Yes. Helped clear some things up for me as well as I am new to vintage... Thanks!

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I still agree, great Hof pickup and as long as it what's you happy, great
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]