`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Rare auto or 1/1 patch?

RE: Rare auto or 1/1 patch?
(04-11-2013, 10:26 AM)briankort Wrote: If I collected auto's then I would be more interested in an on card auto of a player who has passed away and will never sign on a card again over a rare patch. This of course is an extreme situation, but something to think about.
Wow... you know, i've never thought of that before! Big Grin lol...

Yeah, but even then, take a player like George Mikan who has passed away. Now if there was a rare 1/1 Laundry Tag card of him, or a rare autograph like his Inscriptions numbered to 100, I would take the 1/1 Tag card all day, every day.

All depends on the player, and the year they played.... you can't compare a GU piece from the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, and compare it to an autograph card. I really don't care if the auto was even a 1/1!

Back then they used 1 jersey for a very looooooooooooooooong time. Not even sure if i'd take a John Stockton auto 1/1 over a 1/1 Tag. I wouldn't. I would still in that case prefer the 1/1 Tag card like I posted above.

But to each their own though. There is no right or wrong answer here, just different brain waves...... Big Grin

I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk