`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Day Games

RE: April Day Games
(04-09-2013, 09:19 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I grew up in the same era about 8 miles from downtown (and pretty close to windsor) and always enjoyed the Jays series. I remember some big crowds in the 80s--and even the 90s--at Tiger Stadium. It was cool because so many Canadians would make the trip (skip) over.
It wouldn't hurt if the Tigers, Twins, White Sox, Yankees, and Red Sox played their first couple series in:

Texas, Houston, Tampa, Miami, Atlanta, Kansas City, Toronto, Los Angeles, Anaheim, etc. for starters.

In the case of a cold weather team, I'd like to see them play their first series away during the week (early April), the second series at home (weekend) and the third series away (in another warm weather climate). After that, they should be good.

By the end of tomorrow's game, the Tigers will have played 9 games in a row with start times before 4:06 p.m. And none after. It's ridiculous that we'll be 9 games into the season and I've only been able to watch two full games and part of a third. Seriously, that's stupid. (3 games? Absolutely. 4 games? ok. 5 games? meh. NINE GAMES? Come on!).

(And to add insult to injury, 4 of the next 7 games will start after 10:07 p.m. local time. It's a cruel, cruel world. lol).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I've been watching on MLB.tv and so far it is very worth it. I can watch a 1pm game when I get to work at 9pm. Or I can watch it live. It's as good as DVR. Maybe better.

But I do understand your sentiments...I was thinking similar things as I watched yesterday's Toronto @ Detroit game with a 1/2 filled stadium (granted the weather was icky)
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Well, thanks to a 2.5 hour rain delay, you guys get to see part of the Tigers Blue Jays game in the evening today.

I just hope the weather is better tomorrow when I have tickets, as I don't really want to sit in the rain for a few hours.

I don't mind day games at all. I have MLB.tv, so can watch them all day at work. In fact, watched all of spring with no problem and am now watching Tigers-Jays live. The only thing I don't like is I can't get Rangers games on MLB.TV. That sucks. But hey, at least there's other games on during the afternoon.

Every morning, the first thing I check is to see what teams are playing at 12, 1 or 2 p.m., so I can see what games I can watch during work.

Now if only I could figure out how to plug the laptop into my TV at home so I can stream the games onto my big ole TV and not have to watch them on my little laptop screen.

(04-10-2013, 04:33 PM)dpatera Wrote: Well, thanks to a 2.5 hour rain delay, you guys get to see part of the Tigers Blue Jays game in the evening today.

I just hope the weather is better tomorrow when I have tickets, as I don't really want to sit in the rain for a few hours.
That was my exact thought when I turned on the radio after getting into my car Smile! Hope the weather holds for ya tomorrow...Good Luck!
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(04-10-2013, 04:42 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I don't mind day games at all. I have MLB.tv, so can watch them all day at work. In fact, watched all of spring with no problem and am now watching Tigers-Jays live. The only thing I don't like is I can't get Rangers games on MLB.TV. That sucks. But hey, at least there's other games on during the afternoon.

Every morning, the first thing I check is to see what teams are playing at 12, 1 or 2 p.m., so I can see what games I can watch during work.

Now if only I could figure out how to plug the laptop into my TV at home so I can stream the games onto my big ole TV and not have to watch them on my little laptop screen.
You should consider getting a Slingbox. It costs about $100. You hook it up to your tv and you can watch your tv from your computer/phone/ipad (after you download an app).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I don't have a problem with the day games. 2 of the 3 games at Busch these last 3 days have been day games....both over 40k fans. It's still kinda cold at night in the midwest, so the day games aren't an issue to me.

(04-10-2013, 04:42 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Now if only I could figure out how to plug the laptop into my TV at home so I can stream the games onto my big ole TV and not have to watch them on my little laptop screen.
If you have a PS3 or other gaming device you can stream it.

Otherwise hooking your laptop to your TV is actually really easy.
USB or HDMI connections are easiest
If your TV/laptop are a little older, probably have s-vid connection
Even older is a VGA connection

Be happy to help you figure it out if you want, or this is a good resource:
http://www.svideo.com/compaq1700.html
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

The Yankees - Nationals spring training exhibition game I attended at Nats Stadium here in D.C. was a Friday day game - 2:05 start. It was cold out, but the stadium was packed. The Nats fans were so excited, they were acting like it was Game 7 of the World Series.