`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would some Jack@$$ do this???

Why would some Jack@$$ do this???
This is one of my auctions, I had 2 of them posted. This same guy with an obvious fake ID bids and wins them both at the last second. It's obvious he/she has no intention at all of paying or even wanting the items so what is the purpose of doing this??? The only thing I can think of is they had the same items up and were trying to increase the final price so theirs go higher?

I am sure somebody in here knows what or why on this please let me know. I guess I will have to start using restrictions on who can bid which irritates the heck out of me [Image: angry.gif]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-KOBE-BRY...1c31880aab
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]

RE: Why would some Jack@$$ do this???
What is so obvious here? How do you know it is a fake ID and how do you know he is not going to pay? How did he jack up the price in the last minute? It is a whopping $.50 higher than what it would have sold for to the next bidder. It's been all of 12 hours since the auction ended. There are new people that join eBay all the time and they all start off with zero feedback. Maybe the guy won't pay, but I don't see anything obvious in what has happened so far to give you any reason to rant on here about what a terrible eBay user this person is. Give the guy more than 12 hours before you start condemning him as someone who is not going to pay or twist the system to gain something from it.

If I am missing something from looking at the auction, that is obvious to everyone else, I apologize. But let me know what it is. I just don't see it.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I am kind of with Brian here....there are a ton of these packs on ebay from time to time. What is there really to gain for this dude doing that? I am not sure that a half a dollar is worth the other dudes troubles...That being said, those packs going for 8-9 bucks is ridiculous. 98% of those packs have nothing but doubles in them.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(04-07-2013, 04:38 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: I am kind of with Brian here....there are a ton of these packs on ebay from time to time. What is there really to gain for this dude doing that? I am not sure that a half a dollar is worth the other dudes troubles...That being said, those packs going for 8-9 bucks is ridiculous. 98% of those packs have nothing but doubles in them.

When you pulled your Kobe Patch/autos out of those packs, could you tell there was something in it? Did it feel thicker than the other kobe packs? If so I don't know why someone would want to buy a pack if they didn't pull it out of the box themselves. It would be cheaper just to buy the singles you needed.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

I'm with Brian too...why immediately condemn a -0- feedback buyer? Wait until he/she doesn't pay, file the complaint...then complain.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

(04-07-2013, 04:50 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: When you pulled your Kobe Patch/autos out of those packs, could you tell there was something in it? Did it feel thicker than the other kobe packs? If so I don't know why someone would want to buy a pack if they didn't pull it out of the box themselves. It would be cheaper just to buy the singles you needed.
The autos I pulled were the relic autos so the pack was thicker as it were. Also, in auto packs you still get the five base PLUS the auto. I would imagine the standard autos are the same. So you would get five cards PLUS the auto.
Especially if it is an auto relic, you know right away you got a hit. I haven't pulled one of the golds or platinum regular cards but I would still imagine it is the same thing.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

I agree 100% with everyone who feel I jumped the gun, complained too soon, over-reacted, you name it. Call it heat of the moment I guess. I am typically a "cooler heads" type of guy so I am surprised even myself that I initiated the post.

That being said I have since dug deeper just to try put my initial instincts to rest and have found that the shipping address the buyer lists is a Bank, and the phone number belongs to someone with a completely different name in a different city. Also nobody by the buyers name lives in that city at all according to Zabasearch and Spokeo.

But I digress. Whether my suspicions turn out to be confirmed or not I agree that I posted this thread way too soon and apologize for wasting you guys' time. Hopefully this does not sway any of you from clicking on future posts from me because I still consider myself a novice in this overall hobby and value all of your input when I am in need of it.

[Image: undecided.gif]
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]

I cancelled a $1900 bid on an MJ auto I was selling, for the reason the guy had a total feedback of 6 with one of the positive feedback ratings stating he did not pay for the item. He had only purchased some low end Bud-Light merchandise. I figured is was someone with the same card trying to cause a high dollar false sale because the last raw version of my BGS 9 copy sold for $400.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111039648767?ssP...1561.l2649
The next highest bid was a $405 bid from a buyer with a total of two feedback and one of them was a $180 purchase....before the bidding was over, it was back at $1500. Now, I will always wonder if I cut myself short of $400...because the (2) feedback bidder won and paid a few days later. That transaction went surprisingly smooth.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(04-07-2013, 09:18 PM)forthebirds Wrote: I agree 100% with everyone who feel I jumped the gun, complained too soon, over-reacted, you name it. Call it heat of the moment I guess. I am typically a "cooler heads" type of guy so I am surprised even myself that I initiated the post.

That being said I have since dug deeper just to try put my initial instincts to rest and have found that the shipping address the buyer lists is a Bank, and the phone number belongs to someone with a completely different name in a different city. Also nobody by the buyers name lives in that city at all according to Zabasearch and Spokeo.

But I digress. Whether my suspicions turn out to be confirmed or not I agree that I posted this thread way too soon and apologize for wasting you guys' time. Hopefully this does not sway any of you from clicking on future posts from me because I still consider myself a novice in this overall hobby and value all of your input when I am in need of it.

[Image: undecided.gif]
Man, your a little paranoid over an $8 sale. Searching the internet to see if this guy exists and checking the mailing address and phone number and.....searching the city to see if anyone with his name even exists. Really? All I can say is take a deep breath and relax a little. Worst thing that could happen is he doesn't pay and you have to relist the pack or maybe just give a 2nd chance offer to the next guy who bid $8. No need to take things to such an extreme.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade