`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Just Getting Started

I'm Just Getting Started
Hey guys, I am new to this site although I am on many other sites with perfect feedback.

If you guys could just give me some basic tips on how to use the site that would be really helpful. Like I said, I am new and not sure how everything works.

My main question would be, can I become a verified trader/seller? If so, how?

Another question would be, do I have to pay to be on this site, such as the forums and all that? Or do I just have to pay for additional features such as beckett price guide?

This is much appreciated! Thanks!

RE: I'm Just Getting Started
You can find tips on how to use the site on this forum be looking through the links at the top of the page. http://www.beckett.com/forums/announcement-10.html
You can use the "organize" for free if you keep the input of cards under 100. Its a good way to test out the site. If you find you like trading here, and want to add more then 100 cards there are diff ways to upgrade. The one I bought was just the Organize at $20 a year (I get no pricing, but get to input more then 100 cards). You can also pay for any of the subcriptions and get full access to the organize. The Organize is the key. You have to use the organize to trade here. If you post a card for trade and its not in your Org and marked for trade. Randi (Hockey forum Mod) will grab you in a head lock and bull dog you to the ground, just before he deletes your post. He is quite aggressive. heh
*note do not go over that 100 card limit. Remember that as you trade, the cards coming in count as your 100 cards. So make sure you clear out your "recently traded" folder. You will see what I mean. Input maybe 50 cards to start.
By "varified" if you mean can your feedback stats be transferred from another trading site to this one. I am not sure. I know other trading sites do this. I have done it myself. Maybe Randi could shed some light on that.
. Just keep askin questions... Peeps here will respond.
Good luck
~cheerz~
Fx
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

RE: I'm Just Getting Started
Hey AAH...you know me...I'm Benn14Starsfan over at CnC & Hobby Insider. Welcome to Beckett. First thing i can say is go to the very top thread in the forum "Traders & Sellers Read Here First." It's not like trading over at CnC or HI to where we just look at bucket links & trade lists. Here you have to create an inventory of all your traders. Beckett uses this inventory to make official trades here. As far as paying for anything you can buy a membership for like $20/yr i believe. You can also trade without paying anything, but it'll only let you keep a maximum of 100 cards in your ORG. You can also purchase the online price guide as well for any sport for about $7 a month per sport. I myself have never purchased the OPG but you can still find out how much the BV is on just about any card here that has a higher short print than /15. Seems anything that's a /15 & lower has no BV's here...it'll list them as N/A.

Up top there is an "Organize" tab. Click on it. There will be a top window on upper right side of page for searching for players, sets, etc...Now, if you have a lengthy set of trades this can be time consuming, but this is a requirement to trade here. When you're in that search window, you can look up all the cards of a certain player, or a certain player & certain set, etc...For example, i can search "Jamie Benn" & every Benn card known to Beckett will show up. Or i can search "Jamie Benn Cup" & all his Cup cards will show up, even all the different printing plates too, from every year. You'll need to create a folder or two. You can create one for your PC if you want, & also one with all your traders. Each time you find a card of a player to add to you ORG, there'll be a box on the left side of each card to mark it...then there will be a tab up top to "Add to Organize". Once you click the "ATO" tab, you can designate which folder you want the card(s) to be sent to. Like i said, if you have tons of stuff that this can be time consuiming, but once you get the hang of it it ant that bad & you can add lots of stuff at a time for any one player.

Also, when your in any certain folder...up above the list of the cards in it, you'll notice a "Columns" tab. This will help you to be able to set your "card profile's"...or everything you need to know about that card, whether it's a "Have, Want, Trade For, Trade Away, MEM, SER, AU, RC, Pricing, etc..."But, you'll need to have some of these columns set in your ORG to be able to have at the very least the "Have, Want, Trade For, Trade Away". Once those columns are added to your ORG you'll have to get set all your tradeable cards with a "1" in the "Have" & the "Trade Away" fiields so Beckett knows what all you have to trade with, plus the community here can search your ORG as well.

All trades are conducted either in the "Trade" tab up top, or you can find another member's ID, search his profile & find his ORG with his traders, & start a trade from his ORG. Once you've been here a bit you'll slowly learn all this.

The "Traders & Sellers Read Here First" will help you with any other questions. If any other member here sees that i missed something, by all means fill in where i missed something.

As for becoming verified here...i don't think Beckett does that here like CnC or HI does.
[Image: BennBanner.png]

Looking for Jamie Benn short prints from 09-10!

http://photobucket.com/BennHockey
http://photobucket.com/hockeytrades