`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the only one that thinks this is stupid?

RE: Am I the only one that thinks this is stupid?
You are not alone with this issue. I've posted about this in the past as well about the people of eBay, lol:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1449428.html

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1498094.html

It's sad but what can you do. I'm like nick, I usually pass on those auctions. I mainly get upset when someone calls a card a 1/1 and when you actually view the listing its numbered to /99. I feel like I've wasted a few minutes of my life and can't get them back, lol.

I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Lol I enjoyed those posts, I had not seen them before. I don't search for 1/1s, I search for my PC guys and I keep running into this. So it makes it so much more annoying because they are always cards I really want and it's harder to pass by and not even mess with it. Although I don't buy, I usually talk down to the seller. Treating him/her like a moron without actually exchanging harsh words lol.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Like this? The high BV is less than 1/5 of this price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAUL-PIERCE-LOGO...27d10d6a1c
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Sort of, but I imagine that seller is claiming 1/1 because of the Logoman patch. Still does not make it a 1/1 but I can understand a little higher selling price. Unless all of these cards have Logoman patches

No, they don't. But it is only half a logo man so I feel like there is at least one more. And the others have two or three color patches and I thnk look much better than the lower torso of Jerry. But I agree with you for sure. I love when someone grades a base card that no one else has sent in for grading and then lists it as a 1/1.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

I'm guessing most of you guys don't sell alot on ebay. Now I am not saying it is cool of these guys to take advantage of the 1/1 thing and I sure don't use it in my posts, but the goal as a seller is to attract as many buyers as possible so you can sell your cards for as much as possible. Keywords in the title is the way to do that.

I will post words like RC and Rookie because some people search one way and not both. I will also USE PSA 10 and don't think I have done it yet, but wouldn't shy away from using "BGS 9.5?" regrade or something like that.

I have sold "rare" cards on ebay before for 3X BV in some cases. With a BIN I asked 3X what the card was worth and it sold. If it would have been listed for a month with no offers I would have lowered the price a little more until it finally sold.

But people will pay over BV for cards sometimes. That Pierce logo patch will sell pretty well. Maynbe not 5X BV but at least 2X.

There is a guy on COMC trying to sell his Kobe Finest RC PSA 10 for $500. It is not the refractor. I think he is just an idiot and doesn't know the card sells for around $100 all the time. It will never sell, but if he listed it about $199 it might to an newbie who hasn't done his research.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I agree with you Kort that sellers are trying to attract attention, my thing was people claiming 1/1 because of a specific print# and trying to charge $100 more. The reason I made this thread was over a gold prizm that has sold for around $150 a guy listed one as 1/1 because it was 1/10 and was asking $300 or B/O. I offered $175 and was countered with 265 and a message saying "sorry can't go any lower, first one printed"........ I find it irritating for sure but I wasn't complaining as much about the false advertising.