`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have an unusual Kobe RC..Miscut? Misprint? CORECTED ERROR? Just not sure if RARE???

I have an unusual Kobe RC..Miscut? Misprint? CORECTED ERROR? Just not sure if RARE???
I thought I would ask my local forum experts about a card that I watch get listed and starting price lowered more than a few times until it was lowered enough for me to bite and take a gamble on it.

Is this considered a corrected error? Will BGS slab it as an Error or is this going to get me a bad centering and surface grade?

Odditycards- I would love to hear you opinion on this one. I watch out for your posts usually in things like this.

You can see another card from the sheet starting at the bottom ...but the back of the card is perfect. The top of the pic is also cut off some, but the foil logo and name are off. The production of this card was completed even after the initial mistake was made.

[Image: BRAYANTERROR_0001_zps53e3c4c5.jpg]

I am happy with my purchase either way. I just want to know if this is common, it is the first one I have seen.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

RE: I have an unusual Kobe RC..Miscut? Misprint? CORECTED ERROR? Just not sure if RARE???
just a printing error, to some its worth more, to some worth less.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

RE: I have an unusual Kobe RC..Miscut? Misprint? CORECTED ERROR? Just not sure if RARE???
Nice printing error! I would say to many collectors, a plus.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

on a related note, how do you get BGS to slab a card as an error?? I sent in a David Robinson sp holoview where the background pic is Christian Laettner. Made a notation that it was an error, but it wasn't graded as such.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

BGS does grade error cards....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BGS-GRADE-1986-8...0469364%26

I think this was a Fleer vault card...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-04-EX-E-X-9...7675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tim-Duncan-1997-...7675.l2557

Your notation on the submission form wouldn't go to the graders...they cannot see the submission forms because the grading process must remain impartial. I have even gone as far as using post-it notes on the cards. I think the grader recieves a little "sticker form" with each card that has the order # on it...that is all they get with the cards they grade.

Now I know anytime I have had specific requests for BGS, I send an email to the sales rep that is handling your order. They have contact with the grader that processes your order. My sales rep and grading contact have been the same on all my submissions. I have the same account # on each submission form also.

I eventually got the email of the grader...when I had a question or refund issue. I am not sure if he is the actual person grading my order, but he is close enough to it that my issues were address and all questions answered.

On your next submission, you can get your error card resubmitted. It costs like $5 for a reslab...but shipping and insurance is not cheap.

And buck...give us a pic of that MJ. I don't care on any thread of mine if someone else posts cards. Your not crashing my thread, I love to see cards.

(04-04-2013, 07:40 PM)buckunteer Wrote: on a related note, how do you get BGS to slab a card as an error?? I sent in a David Robinson sp holoview where the background pic is Christian Laettner. Made a notation that it was an error, but it wasn't graded as such.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!