`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can anyone ID this Manning variation?

Can anyone ID this Manning variation?
Can't find at Ebay or in Beckett guide. Has a diamond in the Colt's logo. All the others I see don't. Rare? Valuable? Local guy has it.

[Image: 3Ke3Lc3H65Ie5G55J1d42045e0009a0dc1985.jpg]

RE: Can anyone ID this Manning variation?
It has a diamond in it! Woah.

http://www.beckett.com/football/1998/col...nd-8847002
Eddie George Super Collector

thanks. that was extremely helpful.

Yes I've seen that card a few other times. Beckett has it listed as n/a on book value but it its the auto version of the diamond series. I had the jersey version with the diamond and the football piece with the diamond. I seen the auto version before but never seen sell at auction. Very nice card!

1998 COLLECTOR'S EDGE PEYTON MANNING PROMOS
These unnumbered cards were issued one at a time either as promos to dealers or promos to buyers of card lots from Shop at Home. Several more special cards were issued with one featuring a facsimile silver foil autograph on the front with serial numbering of 6000 cards made. The other also features a facsimile autograph along with a diamond shaped swatch of football. The cards were unnumbered and feature identical cardbacks.
All 4 cards were:
1998 Collector's Edge Peyton Manning Promos #NNO Peyton Manning/6000
1998 Collector's Edge Peyton Manning Promos #NNO Peyton Manning holding jersey
1998 Collector's Edge Peyton Manning Promos #NNO Peyton Manning diamond
1998 Collector's Edge Peyton Manning Promos #NNO Peyton Manning FB (mem)
As for BV, cant really tell ya that. but I have seen the one where Peyton is holding the Jersey, on the bay for sale. And it would be comparable to the one shown in your scan.
Hope this helps.
*note
Although I do know about these cards. I found all this information here on Beckett. And just copied it for you to read.
As for your question about rarity. I would say, since they are promo's, they would be more rare then the collectors edge Rc's for sure. And if you look around they are priced as such. Any Manning collector would be happy to add any of these rookie year cards to their collection.
~cheerz~
Fx
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]