Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
though i feel sorry, i cannot be responsible

RE: though i feel sorry, i cannot be responsible
HECK NO! Thats a dumb excuse anyways.... lol
I can't believe ppl actually use it...
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

(04-02-2013, 01:00 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: I've heard this kind of story ALOT of times before this. I see so many different things that would have to happen for this situation to happen. It's just a classic fallback for "buyer's remorse".

Let's see :

- you didn't lock / turn off your computer.
- you left your Ebay account logged in.
- your child bid while noone was watching.
- you never noticed the bid on your account.
- you ignored the "bid confirmed" email you would have received.
- you didn't notice that you won an auction.
- you ignored the "Congratulations you've won this item" email you would have received.
- you left your Paypal account open / accessible to your minor child.
- you ignored the "receipt for your payment to..."email that you received when your child used your Paypal to pay for the item.
- you ignored the "Updates for your purchase from..."email that you received when the seller marked the item "sent".
- you waited a week after receiving item to contact seller about your minor child's lapse in judgement...

I try to be very understanding guy, but this is a time where I would simply advise the buyer that "You live, you learn." and tell them to enjoy the nice long talk I assume they are going to have with their child about responsibility.

My only worry is how this buyer is going to give you the sharp end of the stick with their feedback..

-
+100000000000000
[Image: 38lDS2Y.png]
Registry http://registry.beckett.com/player-detai...pc_2286189
PC http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/se.../Suh%20PC/
RC - 35/37
Auto - 83/341
1/1- 11
**Banner made by jbel4331**

(04-02-2013, 01:00 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: I've heard this kind of story ALOT of times before this. I see so many different things that would have to happen for this situation to happen. It's just a classic fallback for "buyer's remorse".

Let's see :

- you ignored the "Congratulations you've won this item" email you would have received.
- you ignored the "receipt for your payment to..."email that you received when your child used your Paypal to pay for the item.
- you ignored the "Updates for your purchase from..."email that you received when the seller marked the item "sent".
- you waited a week after receiving item to contact seller about your minor child's lapse in judgement...

I try to be very understanding guy, but this is a time where I would simply advise the buyer that "You live, you learn." and tell them to enjoy the nice long talk I assume they are going to have with their child about responsibility.

My only worry is how this buyer is going to give you the sharp end of the stick with their feedback..

-
My computer will actually let me stay logged in to ebay and stays logged into paypal through ebay as well. I also use a seperate email address for all those ebay emails because they are so incredibly annoying and I dont even check that email because theres so many. So it is possible to be completely oblivious to that stuff but thats what I choose. Even without that, parents are still responsible for their kids.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Kids are smart, my 9 year old purchased $170 in apps from apple a couple weeks ago at a sleep over. Before I went to bed, I checked my email, and noticed all these charges. haha I was furious! Lucky for me, apple was very understanding and reversed all the charges. It will be a long, long time before she gets her Ipod back. Anyway, you did the right thing, you never know with some buyers.

yeah, i wouldnt lose any sleep over it. they should have the kid re-sell it on ebay to get their $ back LOL
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

Hey, at least the kid paid for the item!

Let's see :

Well said my friend.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsiqi1o37i.jpg]

ALBUMS UNDER TEST
FOR SALE - FOR TRADE