`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rangers-Astros on Opening Night?

RE: Rangers-Astros on Opening Night?
I thought it was a great game for the opener. Disappointed in Harrison though, not good for my fantasy team.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Yeah, I really liked the opening game. Glad MLB is at least trying to throw Huston a bone for virtually forcing them to switch leagues, though I do agree with the move. I hope in time Houston will thrive in time and become solid competition.

To tell you the truth I'm absolutely fed up with the Yankees and Red Sox. I know they have some of the largest fan bases and therefore they dominate national television because that's where the money is, but I'm really tired of seeing them. Other than my three favorite teams (Giants, Indians, A's) I'd much rather see exciting teams the Tigers or Nationals. I actually would boycott MLB network when the Yankees or Red Sox were on (which seemed like every day). As much as I like to watch baseball, I'd rather watch something else.

(03-31-2013, 10:07 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: i think it would be cool if they took a play outta the nfl's playbook and rematched the world series teams as opener
+1 (and not because I'm a Tigers fan. Really.)
(03-31-2013, 10:36 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: Yeah, I really liked the opening game. Glad MLB is at least trying to throw Huston a bone for virtually forcing them to switch leagues, though I do agree with the move. I hope in time Houston will thrive in time and become solid competition.

To tell you the truth I'm absolutely fed up with the Yankees and Red Sox. I know they have some of the largest fan bases and therefore they dominate national television because that's where the money is, but I'm really tired of seeing them. Other than my three favorite teams (Giants, Indians, A's) I'd much rather see exciting teams the Tigers or Nationals. I actually would boycott MLB network when the Yankees or Red Sox were on (which seemed like every day). As much as I like to watch baseball, I'd rather watch something else.
I totally agree with you that watching the Yanks-Red Sox has become brutal. Every game lasts 3.5-4 hours MINIMUM. It's absolutely ridiculous. And now that the Yankees and Red Sox each have the potential to finish in last, and next to last, respectively, they no longer deserve top-billing.

As far as the Astros switch being forced on them, I'm not sure that's the case. If anything, it was my understanding that the Astros wanted to go to the AL (with the only hang-up being the fact that they'd have to shell out more money for a DH). They played well tonight--and I especially enjoyed watching Maxwell get two triples--but on paper, they look like a terrible team with no rising prospects on the near horizon.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(03-31-2013, 10:43 PM)uvaspina Wrote: +1 (and not because I'm a Tigers fan. Really.)

I totally agree with you that watching the Yanks-Red Sox has become brutal. Every game lasts 3.5-4 hours MINIMUM. It's absolutely ridiculous. And now that the Yankees and Red Sox each have the potential to finish in last, and next to last, respectively, they no longer deserve top-billing.

As far as the Astros switch being forced on them, I'm not sure that's the case. If anything, it was my understanding that the Astros wanted to go to the AL (with the only hang-up being the fact that they'd have to shell out more money for a DH). They played well tonight--and I especially enjoyed watching Maxwell get two triples--but on paper, they look like a terrible team with no rising prospects on the near horizon.
Jim Crane was forced to move to the AL by Selig, that's the only way Selig would approve the sale of the club. It's in the past now so I'm alright with it. It's tough being a 'Stros fan right now but I have faith the GM knows what he's doing in regards to rebuilding. In 4-5 years they should be pretty competitive IF the draft picks and prospects they've picked up pan out.

I was happy to have the Astros on Opening Night mainly because it may be one of the only games I get to watch due to the TV negotiations going on right now with CSNHouston (Rockets & Astros new network). It's not available to 60% of the Houston area so those of us who don't use Comcast as a cable provider can't get it yet. Crane hopes to have a deal worked out by tomorrow but we will see. I see your points though about rating and Astros-Ranger not being a big draw. I'm just happy baseball is back.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

nothing like opening day in cincinnati first pitch 4:10....but for now enjoying the opening day parade!
[Image: QcoDMBq.png]

[quote='thj0011' pid='2257731' dateline='1364832882']

It's tough being a 'Stros fan right now but I have faith the GM knows what he's doing in regards to rebuilding. In 4-5 years they should be pretty competitive IF the draft picks and prospects they've picked up pan out.

Your not going to have to wait 4-5 years. Astros will be in 3rd palace this year behind Oakland & LA. The Rangers will be a way sub-.500 team this year. To many key losses and pitching hinges on to many guys getting healthy.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-01-2013, 11:51 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Your not going to have to wait 4-5 years. Astros will be in 3rd palace this year behind Oakland & LA. The Rangers will be a way sub-.500 team this year. To many key losses and pitching hinges on to many guys getting healthy.
wow one game and your already throwing in the towel for them huh? and not only throwing in the towel but way sub-.500? because no hitting - could care less hamilton left the team? I agree our bullpen took a big hit this offseason but at some point you gotta give your prospects a turn. but i'd put money on rangers being (well)over .500
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]