`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic Ebay Grab? Babe Ruth Game Used Relic

RE: Epic Ebay Grab? Babe Ruth Game Used Relic
(03-27-2013, 06:50 PM)cross4444 Wrote: (Also EBAY 1/1!!! It's card #9 which is Ruth's jersey number squared!!!!)
LOL!
Great card/great pick up! Congrats!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Great pick-up for the price, though I agree that it would be nice to exactly where that wood came from.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Very true. But if it is a bench then you could probably also say it was used by the rest of Murderer's Row, making it worth 20 times what a bet relic would be worth!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(03-28-2013, 05:52 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Very true. But if it is a bench then you could probably also say it was used by the rest of Murderer's Row, making it worth 20 times what a bet relic would be worth!
Uhhhh............Nope.

When it comes to GU cards ppl generally want an item used specifically by the player depicted on the card itself. A "game used" bat card with the proper COA on the back will generate alot more if it was just as limited as this piece.

(03-28-2013, 05:52 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Very true. But if it is a bench then you could probably also say it was used by the rest of Murderer's Row, making it worth 20 times what a bet relic would be worth!
Not if it was the bench in the visitor's dugout or better yet a small bench that the ball boys sat on.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(03-28-2013, 10:31 PM)djohn Wrote: Not if it was the bench in the visitor's dugout or better yet a small bench that the ball boys sat on.
oh come on, don't you know babe ruth would whittle bats out of those benches between games so they were to his exact specifications lol

In all seriousness though, really nice card!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I am going to have to get a jeweler's loupe where did you get your and what did it cost?
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(03-28-2013, 11:58 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I am going to have to get a jeweler's loupe where did you get your and what did it cost?
you can get good ones on ebay pretty cheap
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Found one on Ebay for $3 or $4 shipped. Definitely worth the money! They always say that you can't see the full condition of a card without magnifying it and that's definitely true. It's saved me from sending off some iffy cards to be graded.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I grabbed our old loupe on either ebay or amazon . you can get dirt cheap ones on there, but paying a few bucks for a nicer quality one isn't really a bad idea.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors