`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dimaggio Auto Legit or Fake??? Opinions

RE: Dimaggio Auto Legit or Fake??? Opinions
(03-23-2013, 04:30 PM)stojanowski Wrote: no most like greatest in amount... like I said I just searched ebay for baseball signed and most not all had a loop in the D on the bottom... like I said though signatures vary and change over time. Instead of posting it for a whole bunch of noobs to analyze pay to get it authenticated
Sorry, I miss read "most" as "must" ...
But you're correct ... He should send it in for authentication!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The ball is 1984-94 cause it lists bobby brown as AL president. I just didnt wanna send it in and wait the 20 days and spend $50 if it didnt look good.

you can take my opinion for how you want, but I've worked freelance for a sports memoribilia company in nyc for 10 years now, dealing with a lot of yankees stuff, and this ball appears to be what would be known as "clubhouse" signed. It is common with Mantle, Maris, and Joe D. People would send an item in and a clubhouse rep who specialized in signing that guys auto would sign it. From previous "clubhouse" auto's i've seen in person, this one looks consistent with it. The D is a little off, along with the line following the D. Not saying its 100% fake, but I'd lean towards it's not good.