`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent PSA RC Pickups

RE: Recent PSA RC Pickups
(03-27-2013, 11:30 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Great cards, really like the Garnett. I assume you are going for PSA 10 for the cards you can get but are you also getting the Chrome/Finest versions? Are you only picking up one rookie from the better players for your collection? I have a similar collection but I went as cheap as I could and just wanted to get a slabbed RC of the better playesr in the league. Good stuff!
Yeah I am getting finest from 1993-1999 and then switch to Topps chrome from 2000-2009 and not sure what I will do after that except 2012-13 will be Prizm. The only years where I had to choose something else was 1989-1992. In 1989 and 1992 I went with Hoops and in 1990 and 1991 I went with skybox. Everything prior to those years there is only 1 RC (I don't count STAR).

I am trying for all PSA10 from 1989-present. My only 2 real expensive ones there will be LeBron and Durant. Then PSA 9 for as far back as I can go until it starts to get real expensive and then with drop to 8, 7, etc.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Awesome stuff man Smile Love the Melo RC. Do you go after all RCs, or just stars and players you like?
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United

(03-28-2013, 10:56 AM)Megatron2181 Wrote: Awesome stuff man Smile Love the Melo RC. Do you go after all RCs, or just stars and players you like?
I'm a geek I guess. I have a formula that I use. It's based on all player stats and the players have to be above a minimum score. It works out for the most part to be the stars of the league, but there are a few surprises in there like Sam Cassell. He ranks pretty high on the list based of all of his stats and time in the league. Out of 1100 players I have ranked, There are about 250 rookies I want for my collection. I have about 50 of those now.

(03-28-2013, 11:28 AM)briankort Wrote: I'm a geek I guess. I have a formula that I use. It's based on all player stats and the players have to be above a minimum score. It works out for the most part to be the stars of the league, but there are a few surprises in there like Sam Cassell. He ranks pretty high on the list based of all of his stats and time in the league. Out of 1100 players I have ranked, There are about 250 rookies I want for my collection. I have about 50 of those now.
Wow that is an awesome idea to go about a collection. How did you gather the 1100 players for the list?
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United

(03-28-2013, 12:39 AM)briankort Wrote: Yeah I am getting finest from 1993-1999 and then switch to Topps chrome from 2000-2009 and not sure what I will do after that except 2012-13 will be Prizm. The only years where I had to choose something else was 1989-1992. In 1989 and 1992 I went with Hoops and in 1990 and 1991 I went with skybox. Everything prior to those years there is only 1 RC (I don't count STAR).

I am trying for all PSA10 from 1989-present. My only 2 real expensive ones there will be LeBron and Durant. Then PSA 9 for as far back as I can go until it starts to get real expensive and then with drop to 8, 7, etc.
Cool idea. As I mentioned I have a similar collection and will eventually upgrade some of them to Finest/Chrome as well. I do have a Finest Kobe RC but only in a BGS 8.5. I am not huge on high grades as long as it is 8.5 and higher. I like graded though so I know exactly what I am paying for. Do you have a list of players you are going after?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(03-28-2013, 11:43 AM)Megatron2181 Wrote: Wow that is an awesome idea to go about a collection. How did you gather the 1100 players for the list?
Many hours searching the NBA stats database and an excel spreadsheet. Then I had to determine my criteria, fine tune my calculation and then set a cutoff point. In other words I want RC's for players above this value from my calculation.

I stay away from alot of the active players because I don't know yet how they will turn out in my calculation until they are retired. Obvious players like Garnett, Duncan, Kobe, LeBron, etc I still go after because I know they will always be above the cutoff.
(03-28-2013, 11:51 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: Cool idea. As I mentioned I have a similar collection and will eventually upgrade some of them to Finest/Chrome as well. I do have a Finest Kobe RC but only in a BGS 8.5. I am not huge on high grades as long as it is 8.5 and higher. I like graded though so I know exactly what I am paying for. Do you have a list of players you are going after?
Yes, as mentioned above, I use statistics and a spreadsheet. I am constantly updating it.