`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge mailday for PC (w/scans)

Huge mailday for PC (w/scans)
Just got this card delivered at my work today. Puts me one step closer to completing my 61 Fleer PSA set and IMO it is one of the cards like Bengu's thread says has that aura about it. One of the greatest to play and "the Logo".

[Image: Image48_zps2e6b4379.jpg]

Also got some cards for me and my son's new KD PC.

[Image: Image22_zps307dbb02.jpg]

[Image: Image21_zps1c7b9372.jpg]

[Image: Image24_zps98f63a94.jpg]

Let me know what you think. And thanks for looking.

RE: Huge mailday for PC (w/scans)
Nice cards. I really like the Jerry West. Good to see you bringing your son into the hobby. Kids need good things to focus on now days.

Nice pickup on the Jerry West RC. Were you able to get a good deal on it?
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Great pick ups! Any particular goals for you and your sons KD collection or just anything KD?
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Sweet pick ups.

Very nice pickups
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

(03-26-2013, 12:20 PM)briankort Wrote: Nice pickup on the Jerry West RC. Were you able to get a good deal on it?
Thanks @briankort. I am happy to pick it up. I feel like I got it for a decent price. There's not a lot of recent history on Ebay for it. I got it at $655 including shipping. The were two others sold on Ebay in the last few months. One went for around $645 the other went for $870. I have been putting this set together for the past year and I think the key cards in better grades have been climbing. You never know for sure, but if I ever want or need to sell it I don't believe I would lose money on it.
(03-26-2013, 01:52 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: Great pick ups! Any particular goals for you and your sons KD collection or just anything KD?
Thanks @Tbarn291. I am mainly focusing on BGS 9.5 and PSA 10 rookies of KD. I will also pick up some autos if I can get a good deal on the Bay for them. I have mainly collected older cards (the 61 and 86 Fleer sets I have been putting together) so I am trying to figure out the market for KD and trying not to overspend on the cards. My son loves basketball now and he really likes KD so I figured I'd pick up some cards for him now. He's only 4 (about to turn 5 in May) so who know what he'll like when he's older. I figure sticking with high quality RC's is at least fairly safe in case my son grows up and doesn't care about the collection it will still be worth something. He could always sell it in that case and in the meantime it's like a fun savings account for himSmile
(03-26-2013, 11:58 AM)caowens51 Wrote: Nice cards. I really like the Jerry West. Good to see you bringing your son into the hobby. Kids need good things to focus on now days.
Yeah, we are trying to keep him on the right track. He's about to turn five and he's a smart kid and he loves (and is pretty good IMOSmile at sports so he's headed in the right direction. Since I got back into collecting I thought it would be cool to see if he would like it. I remember growing up and I would be so happy when my dad would come home with a random pack of cards after work for me to open. So, I have been getting some cheap retail blasters once in a while and letting him rip them and he loves it. Of course I set aside the hits for him, but he loves to walk around the house with his stack of cards.
(03-26-2013, 12:20 PM)briankort Wrote: Nice pickup on the Jerry West RC. Were you able to get a good deal on it?
This card was also the most I ever spent on a single card at one time. I have a BGS 9 Jordan RC but I bought it when I was in high school and had it graded a couple years ago, so while it's more valuable than this one I actually didn't spend as much on that card. Of course it only took a week and I have already made an even bigger pickup. I better sell some non-PC cards and/or slow down before my wife kills meSmile

I couldn't help myself. It was number 1 on my list on @Stackfan's thread of collecting goals for the year.

I will post scans when it show up in the mail...
I couldn't help myself. It was number 1 on my list on @Stackfan's thread of collecting goals for the year.
[/quote]

My bad it was @swjrp10's thread. Want to give credit where credit is due. It is a nice thread. Cool to see what everyone is into.