`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Babe ruth jersey question?

Babe ruth jersey question?
I don't normally do baseball, but have been thinking of collecting babe ruth for my son since i already have a 1920 w516. My question it i am looking at 2 almost identical cards. 1 being 2006 exquisite 3 piece jersey #/45 valued at $250, and another 2007 premier #/60 3 piece jersey valued at $500. Both cards look the same with the pieces being 714 but the picture is a little different. I always thought exquisite was the top of the line card and was always valued more than almost any other product? Is this a pricing error or am i missing something with these? Exquisite has a lower print run and a better brand, but is valued at half the price? Doesn't make much sense to me? What are your thoughts?
[Image: gregedited2.jpg]

Looking for rare percy harvin autos, and brett favre SP and autos

Photobucket - http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/ac216/greg1982/

RE: Babe ruth jersey question?
They do screw up pricing more often than you think however in this case its no pricing error. I have a feeling if they read this thread the other ones in the set will soon meet the same fate. For one reason or another whoever is doing pricing is going through and doing big time slashes of cards. I've noticed this going on for the past couple months. That particular Exquisite Ruth was $450 if memory serves right, maybe more. I have also noticed anytime I snag a great deal on a card for tradebait and post it for trade here, a week or so later the card goes down to what I picked it up for. Someone might be getting lazy and pricing is coming strictly from one ebay sale.

I have also noticed cards that haven';t been priced for 5-10 years all of a sudden get book values as well. Its a trend I personally don't care for as I was always under the impression book values came from doing lots of research and studies on the all around market and not just one sale from ebay but it would seem lately that is not the case. Its just my own personal opinion but I can provide about a dozen from my own cards and ones I traded for that this has happened to.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(03-24-2013, 11:39 AM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: They do screw up pricing more often than you think however in this case its no pricing error. I have a feeling if they read this thread the other ones in the set will soon meet the same fate. For one reason or another whoever is doing pricing is going through and doing big time slashes of cards. I've noticed this going on for the past couple months. That particular Exquisite Ruth was $450 if memory serves right, maybe more. I have also noticed anytime I snag a great deal on a card for tradebait and post it for trade here, a week or so later the card goes down to what I picked it up for. Someone might be getting lazy and pricing is coming strictly from one ebay sale.

I have also noticed cards that haven';t been priced for 5-10 years all of a sudden get book values as well. Its a trend I personally don't care for as I was always under the impression book values came from doing lots of research and studies on the all around market and not just one sale from ebay but it would seem lately that is not the case. Its just my own personal opinion but I can provide about a dozen from my own cards and ones I traded for that this has happened to.
That's weird. The exquisites are selling for more than the premiers and also for more than what the book values are. I really don't understand the pricing of these things anymore. There are a ton of $10 and $20 book value cars that sell for $1-$3 each consistently. Do you think they are going to change all of those to 1-3 also? I know the exquisite was higher but i haven't checked in a long time so i was thinking it was an error. I really don't understand them bringing the prices down below what they sell for. Just makes absolutely no sense at all. There is no point in buying a beckett price guide if they are just matching ebay sales. You can buy a cam newton autograph for $100 in the off season, but it could jump to $300 midway through the season if he is doing well. Looks like they are taking the guide out of it and just saying that's what one sold for on ebay. Its a waste of time and now money to purchase subscriptions anymore

anybody else have any info on this? could it be an error in the pricing?

Hello?