Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dimaggio Auto Legit or Fake??? Opinions
Music 
Dimaggio Auto Legit or Fake??? Opinions
[Image: cqhl2.jpg]
[Image: dfktoi.jpg]

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Just hit a sweet lot of cards and balls etc at a storage auction. Mantle berra mays cards in high condition and more.

EXCITING!!!

RE: Dimaggio Auto Legit or Fake??? Opinions
this is a fake, and i believe a fairly obvious one

whats the stamp on the ball say?

I just did a quick google search, Id say it looks close. I would send it in for authenticity.
To find out thats really the best option.
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios

Ball looks to new from what I can tell to have been autoed by Dimaggio

(03-23-2013, 09:41 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: Ball looks to new from what I can tell to have been autoed by Dimaggio

The ball definitely looks pretty new

The ball looks too new and the auto doesn't appear to show any wear considering it would have to be decades old.
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

(03-23-2013, 11:36 AM)jdberia Wrote: The ball looks too new and the auto doesn't appear to show any wear considering it would have to be decades old.
Not true! DiMaggio died in 1999. He signed cases of new baseballs for friends, families, and promotional purposes related to the Joe DiMaggio Childrens Hospital, and Star Island Condos. There are plenty of "new" balls that can be in circulation.
JacobyStealsHome has the right idea. What does the ball stamp look like, who was the commissioner of baseball, or league president stamped on the ball.
BTW: The sig looks good to me! (If the ball is right)
[Image: th_B3AD5E01-D5F8-48DE-91A8-FC7F0F44BF32-...df3ad7.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

His signature varies a lot but the D doesnt look right.... most have a loop in it

(03-23-2013, 02:51 PM)stojanowski Wrote: His signature varies a lot but the D doesnt look right.... most have a loop in it
MUST?
My Joe D auto doesn't have a loop, and I saw him sign it!
I sign my name about 20-25 times a day, sometimes, my own sig looks weird to me!Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

no most like greatest in amount... like I said I just searched ebay for baseball signed and most not all had a loop in the D on the bottom... like I said though signatures vary and change over time. Instead of posting it for a whole bunch of noobs to analyze pay to get it authenticated