`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Contest For Newbies!!! :) CLOSED

RE: Contest Thread For Newbies!!! :)
(03-23-2013, 12:56 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Well, Jason, I think this is a great way to meet the new people here and to let them know us as well. I like when established members post here too so that we don't seem like an intimidating bunch of clickitty clickitty people!
Agreed!
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

1. No nickname, just plain ol' Rudy
2. Barry Sander got me into collecting football cards back in 1989. Collected till girls got all my time and money in '97. Started collecting again in Feb13.
3. A miniature Dachshund named Winston.
4. Dream Card is Definitely the 2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Ticket #144 Tom Brady Auto
5. I have about maybe 5% of my PC on it. It's always a work in progress. Maybe this weekend I can get around to it.
6. Texas, East of Dallas in a sleepy little town called Rockwall. But originally from a small town in South Florida named Immokalee.

Mandatory Questions:
who are your 3 favorite football players?

1. Barry Sanders
2. Tom Brady
3. Player that come out of the U.

Do you have a favorite team or teams in any sport?

1. New England Patriots since the Irving Fryar days.
2. Boston Red Sox since the Wade Boggs Days
3. Boston Celtics since Larry Bird.
4. The University of Miami
5. The Oregon Ducks cause of the awesome use of uniforms.

Alrighty, i love a good contest...so here is my answers! lol

1. B-Lake...When i worked at KFC Tacobell back in high school everyone had their own drink cup and had to write their name on it and for some reason the girls at the front counter kept writing that on my cup everyday so it kind of stuck.
2. My dad got me in to collecting football cards. Me and him have been collecting since i was about 5
3. I most certainly have animals lol. I have a 1 year old cat named Monster who more than lives up to her name...and i have 8 African cichlids (fish) but unfortunatly 2 of my favorite ones dies yesterday Sad Unfortunatly thats the downside of having aggressive fish
4. My Dream Card would have to be a 2008 Exquisite Jamaal Charles Patch Autograph. Either that or a Jerry Rice, Dan marino, John Elway or Steve Young RC.
5. Unfortunaty my PC is not listed in my organize. I have been without a job for awhile so i was unable to pay for the Org, but i finally got myself a really nice job so hopefully soon i will be able to post my entire collection in there!
6. I live in the great state of Washington Smile

3 Favorite Football Players - Jamaal Charles, Priest Holmes, Dwayne Bowe
Favorite Teams: Football - KC Chiefs, Baseball - Los Angeles Dodgers, Basketball - Memphis Grizzlies

Thank you for the contest!!!
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Awesome, keep em coming!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Alright let's give it a shot!

1. Goodie
2. My brother started this horrible horrible habit when when boxes were $35-40 a box lol
3. (3) jack Russell terrors I mean terriors...I wouldn't trade them for the world!
4. MY DREAM card is a Peyton Manning contenders auto graded bgs 9.5 or better
5. Yes my collections are in my org but still under construction due to trading now
6. Home sweet sweet home is a place I call the Hoosier state....indiana .... home of the colts/pacers/ice/Indians and Indianapolis 500!!!

(03-23-2013, 03:20 PM)refracollector Wrote: Alright let's give it a shot!

1. Goodie
2. My brother started this horrible horrible habit when when boxes were $35-40 a box lol
3. (3) jack Russell terrors I mean terriors...I wouldn't trade them for the world!
4. MY DREAM card is a Peyton Manning contenders auto graded bgs 9.5 or better
5. Yes my collections are in my org but still under construction due to trading now
6. Home sweet sweet home is a place I call the Hoosier state....indiana .... home of the colts/pacers/ice/Indians and Indianapolis 500!!!
Okay, now you've got to give me your 3 fave players and teams!

[quote='koolkellygirl' pid='2251365' dateline='1363998406']

Okay - I'll bite. I'm not eligible, but why not all of us share (hijack) this thread and answer these great questions?

1. Do you have a nickname, and if so what is it?
Truly - it's "ugameck". All lowercase!!! I found a label maker at work, punched it out, and stuck it under the lip of the table at my office. I can say - man, you're in my seat!! Which always prompts - "I don't see your name one it.."
2. What got you in to collecting football cards? - love of the game - played it growing up and always got ran over because I was smaller than everyone else - but Lettered in HS.
3. Do you have any animals? Nope - 2 daughters!
4. What is your dream card? 1948 Leaf Chuck Bednarik
5. Do you have your pc listed in your organize? Nope - dont do organize - too old school - dont trade through site either! (Trade with members on site...)
6.What state do you live in? Guess.

Sorry for the hijack!! Old members? What about y'all?
Mandatory Questions:
who are your 3 favorite football players? Current - Stafford, Blair Walsh, AJ Green....
Do you have a favorite team or teams in any sport?
Dawgs, and TA&M Aggies! NFL - gotta cheer for the home team.... NBA - Spurs (I am a San Antonio transplant!)

[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(03-23-2013, 04:36 PM)ugameck Wrote: [quote='koolkellygirl' pid='2251365' dateline='1363998406']

Okay - I'll bite. I'm not eligible, but why not all of us share (hijack) this thread and answer these great questions?

1. Do you have a nickname, and if so what is it?
Truly - it's "ugameck".
You are also one cool guy...

(03-23-2013, 06:46 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: You are also one cool guy...
You make me blush... Thanks.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Pop-pop