`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does everyone thing about........

What does everyone thing about........
Topps Gypsy Queen? I am just getting back into baseball after over 15 years out of it. I saw some of the couple previous years cards from this product and I like them and noticed it's slated to come out soon. I just wanted to see if everyone else likes them, and what are your likes and dislikes of the product? So far since I've gotten back in to baseball, I've grown fond of Heritage, the simplicity is what I like. Gypsy Queen reminds me of Topps Magic Football, which is one of my favorite products. Thanks for your input.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

RE: What does everyone thing about........
I love the minis!! I collect two products GQ and A&G. Although I have not updated this thread (due to I had to get a new scanner) he some of the minis:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1442619.html
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I am not a fan of the minis in either GQ or A&G.

However, I absolutely hate having non-baseball figures in baseball cards. A&G has a bunch (dogs, trees, queens, etc) whereas GQ typically just has a queens set. I will bypass that.

But I typically like the design, like the old style (no gloss on the cards) and like the full baseball set.

I always put together 1 set of base Topps (Series I, II, Traded, Updates/Highlights, etc.) But I also like to dabble in GQ a bit. I almost had a set together last year, but realized I was mixing in variations with regulars and it got too confusing. So I gave it up.

Not a fan of autos and GUd cards. I am a set collector and really like the base set design of GQ.

Solid product

I like the on card autos

I kinda think Topps is pushing the limit with retro-ish products like this though. A&G is firmly in place, but Gypsy Queen could go either way. I wouldn't be surprised if it got the axe at some point down the road.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I was not a huge fan of A&G or Goodwin Champions, but I bought a box of Gyspy Queen and liked it. The cards seem fairly simple but clean and nice looking. They have a good selection of parallels and inserts, nice looking game-used cards, and on-card autos.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

I haven't bought Gypsy Queen before, but this year I'm going to give it a try and buy two boxes. The mini's and inserts (non-Tigers) will end up going up for trade, but will enjoy putting the base set together. The one thing about all these 'special' series (Heritage, Archives, A/g Gypsy) that annoys me is the last 50 cards or so always being "short printed". THe only purpose for this is to get some to chase by buying more and more packs/boxes...I refuse to do this and am happy when the "base" base set is completed. I keep these sp base as I get them, but will not chase after buying wise. Trading another story, but refuse to buy more and more packs to find them.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Never bought it before but may this year

Its a solid product with a nice array of current and former MLB players but you could get a bum box with 2 no name relic cards and a couple of $8 autographs. I have seen that a lot with Gypsy Queen and Allen and Ginter. I personally stay away from both. But its a nice price for the hits in the boxes and I guess every box you buy is a gamble. With stuff like that I pick up singles. My box breaks are strictly Bowman, Bowman Chrome and Bowman Draft.

I appreciate everybody's input. Thank you!
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

I rather liked the design of the '11 GQ set over the '12. '13 GQ looks pretty similar to '12 but it seems like they ironed out the strangeness of the variations (hopefully) The new mini button relics and mini books look like a winning idea, can't wait to see them. Also, they numbered all the parallel mini's and did away with the different back variations. All in all I think it will be a nice product and for those of you not looking to collect the mini's, let me be your trading friend Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]