`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Collectors, Advice Needed

Team Collectors, Advice Needed
Are there any Team Collector's out there? I am a huge Yankee fan and am trying to obtain every yankee card made, I know it's a huge task both card and money wise but I am young and have a pretty good start, it will definately keep me busy for my collecting career. Anyways I have started sorting my collection of commons, semistars, rookies and stars into teams. I have estimated that when this project is complete I will have at least a 5,000 box full of any specific team. I have collected since childhood and have a wide array of years and brands. My question is if anyone else is a team collector and what would be the best way about selling/trading these? Any response is appreciated. Thank you and God Bless
[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards

RE: Team Collectors, Advice Needed
I have had a little PC success and tons of fun and anticipation trading team for team with the agreed lot description sent first. I would usually send first and receive a similar lot in return. For example, simply agree to 200 base and $200 in others. They can be RC, inserts, GU, auto, or anything that ends up $200 in non-base. The biggest one I did was about 600 base and $500. The trade was Texas teams for LA teams, and it worked out for us both, I believe.
The fun part is you are never quite sure what is coming, but the total value is agreed upon.
Could be fun, and good luck,
Mickey
(03-20-2013, 01:20 PM)soey10 Wrote: Are there any Team Collector's out there? I am a huge Yankee fan and am trying to obtain every yankee card made, I know it's a huge task both card and money wise but I am young and have a pretty good start, it will definately keep me busy for my collecting career. Anyways I have started sorting my collection of commons, semistars, rookies and stars into teams. I have estimated that when this project is complete I will have at least a 5,000 box full of any specific team. I have collected since childhood and have a wide array of years and brands. My question is if anyone else is a team collector and what would be the best way about selling/trading these? Any response is appreciated. Thank you and God Bless

I team collect yankees as well. Are you working on MLB yankees or overall yankees farm teams count as well. I usually make active mlb roster and active minor leaguers priority and work backwards

Hi -I collect Royals and have done some things like that as well. My commons started getting overwhelming so focused on specific RC's, inserts, #'d, Jer, and Auto
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I am working on all levels, Major Leagues is the priority but I still put together team sets of minor league teams as well.
[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards