`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about selling

Question about selling
I have never sold a single card before, but for the first time I pulled something I would rather sell than keep in my collection. I was planning on listing it on eBay, but before I did I was hoping to get something of a mini education.

I don't really understand the difference between listing it as Regular listing/Buy it now or as Or best offer. I understand how to accomplish both and how they both work. What I am looking for is when you should use each as far as collectable card culture goes. Specifically, what benefit you get from Or best offer vs just listing it and let it go for what it does.

All opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

**Edit: Card in question is 2012 Allen & Ginter N43 Ernie Banks auto numbered 3/15

RE: Question about selling
To me buy it now/best offer is for when you're looking to get a premium for a card and don't mind waiting around for the right buyer who wants it bad enough. Whereas a regular listing would sell faster but probably for less.

(03-19-2013, 12:25 AM)cubswinagain Wrote: To me buy it now/best offer is for when you're looking to get a premium for a card and don't mind waiting around for the right buyer who wants it bad enough. Whereas a regular listing would sell faster but probably for less.
Thanks for the reply. I guess my next question would be what might be the best option for the specific card. I will edit my post above to include this, but it is a 2012 Allen & Ginter N43 Ernie Banks auto numbered 3/15.

The only comparable listing I'm seeing in a quick google search was one sold on blowout for $50-60. If you used that as a bench price you could do a BIN/Best offer on the bay, or just put it out here and see what some of the ginter fans might offer you. Either way, probably do nicely with it.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(03-19-2013, 01:57 AM)tate31nym Wrote: The only comparable listing I'm seeing in a quick google search was one sold on blowout for $50-60. If you used that as a bench price you could do a BIN/Best offer on the bay, or just put it out here and see what some of the ginter fans might offer you. Either way, probably do nicely with it.
Thanks for the advice. No clue why, but it never occurred to me to just do a google search. I have been scouring the bay for weeks since I pulled this trying to find another one or at least something similar to go off of.

After actually doing a google search, I did find a site with historical listings for the same card. Based on the extreme downward trend of the prices since the release of 2012 A&G, it looks like this will be staying in my collection at least a little while longer.

Thanks for the replies. Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go hang my head in shame for not having the presence of mind to just google it.

lol, no shame needed. Discussion is good.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

If you don't have any seller feedback I would avoid the auction. However you can list stuff at a higher price right now in an auction setting for free. There is usually listing fees but they are doing a promo right now.

I'd be interested in buying. PM me a price
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]