`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organize or Registry?

Organize or Registry?
I'm debating which of these I should use.

I only collect BGS graded RC's and XRC's. I've taken some time with the new registry but it seems it's set up to benefit a set builder or player collector only.

I would like to keep a record of what I have so which would be more beneficial to me?

I have a pretty nice collection of Albert Pujols RC's but if I make a registry for those it will never show it 100% complete because I don't collect the non RC's. Am I wrong in this?

Is the Registry a waste of time for a RC collector?

Thanks
Mark

RE: Organize or Registry?
Use whatever structure you like better and find easier. There is no need to have to be 100%.
[Image: Redskins_banner_1.gif]
[Image: Steelers_banner_1.gif]

ok I started adding some to the registry and a couple of notes. DO NOT switch on the COMPETABLE feature! If you do you cannot add to it and makes it set in stone. You can no longer delete it either if you make a mistake. Geesh.

Also I set up my Albert Pujols custom rookies registry and when I started put the serial #'s in I ran into two problems right off the bat. When I added the Bowman #264 serial number it wouldn't let me add it because it was invalid. After putting the serial # in the repository section it brought it up as 2001 Bowman #264 Eric Westmoreland RC. The # is 0004379503

Then it happened again on my Fleer Authority bringing it up as 2001 Fleer Authority #102 Drew Brees RC. 0003165534

Then my Topps Gallery serial #0003600553 won't come up at all.

I tried all 3 serial # in the graded card lookup and all of them were listed accurately so it must just be the registry lookup itself getting crossed up.

Anyway to get this fixed so I can add the cards?
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

You have to add the cards for the Custom Registry. There is a post asking for help that I have posted screenshots on how to add cards. Should be a way to add cards to a competable registry as well or people wouldnt compete. It would be win or lose and that is not the object of competition. Just gotta figure it out. As for your initial question - If all you collect is BGS cards then a Registry would be far better IMO.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Thanks!

Any suggestion on how to get the 3 cards added that has the invalid serial number message? I emailed the beckett registry but never got a reply or anything.

(03-20-2013, 01:08 PM)jeffv96masters Wrote: Just an FYI-- most of the staff who is helping solve those registry issues is tied up at the Industry Summit in Vegas this week and then will be busy at the Chicago Sun Times show this coming weekend ,,,

Just be patient they'll answer you,,,,

Jeff
Thank you.

Man, has anyone else noticed the change? Immediate responses from a team member! Things are looking up! Smile)
Patience is a virtue
Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.