`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I'm happy with the Patriots, not counting the loss of Welker

I'm happy with the Patriots, not counting the loss of Welker
Honestly this free agency market has been kind to New England IMO. Not counting the loss of Welker, which is a huge loss, but let's be honest Brady won 3 Super Bowls with Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Daniel Graham, Ben Watson, etc. Losing Lloyd will hurt, but not terribly. Amendola was a nice pickup. Brady will make him look much better if he can catch on to the system. Bringing in another decent wide receiver through FA or the draft is key. (Though the only semi-legitimate receiver they've picked up through the draft in the past ten years was Branch; and this WR class is pretty week). I'd like them to snag Hamilton, Hunter or Patton IF they draft one early.
My favorite upgrade was to the secondary, though. Keeping Talib was BIG. Aside from his off the field troubles, the guy is a beast. Before he got hurt in the Baltimore game, he was shutting down Torrey Smith for the most part. Then there's the signing of Adrian Wilson, who I've liked for a long time. Reminds me of Rodney Harrison. He's on the downslope of his career, but not by much. So with a heavy hitter over the middle and a deep man coverage guy, the secondary is looking solid. Pair that with signing Arrington to an extension and the (spotty) veteran McCourty, and the secondary is possibly the best it's been since the days of Ty Law and Rodney Harrison.
The big question marks that remain are the pass rush and pass protection. If they can bring back Volmer and pluck up Abraham or Freeney, this Patriots team will be playing well into January again, barring major injuries.

Woo, sorry for the long read, just wanted to say my piece. Go Pats!
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

RE: I'm happy with the Patriots, not counting the loss of Welker
looks like they got emmanuel sanders now, unless the steelers match

Losing Welker was a HUGE loss... Over 2 million dollars... After what Brady saved them and all... Sad really...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

no, welker had to go.

1. you dont whine about money in NE. welker repeatedly did
2. with the emergence of ridley and vereen, they needed to de-emphasize the slot receiver because it was clogging the middle. with gronk, hernandez and welkah, there was too much congestion in the middle to free up the running game

expect our new slot receiver to be targeted 70 times or less.

sanders will give some speed on the outside, which is needed to free up the middle

the pats, as long as they have brady, will never be a run first team. but they will rely on it more over the next couple years in order to prolong brady's career, ala john elway
(03-16-2013, 03:44 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Losing Welker was a HUGE loss... Over 2 million dollars... After what Brady saved them and all... Sad really...
it wasnt over 2 million. welker would not have signed if the pats had matched. if he stayed with the pats, reports are that he wanted the 9 illion per year he made when he was tagged. there was some bad blood between the two. moot point though: pats didnt want him back, so they gave him the eff you offer

(03-16-2013, 03:43 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: looks like they got emmanuel sanders now, unless the steelers match
I like Emmanuel Sanders honestly. He was under utilized with Mike Wallace being the Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace hogging all of the touchdowns. The steelers may have to match though since they've already lost Mike Wallace and Burress is a shell of his former self.
People forget, Troy Brown had a 100+ catch, 1000+ yard season with Brady at the helm. Brady will literally throw to ANYONE who is open.

Also forgot to mention the loss of Woodhead, which will be missed too. He was just so quick and good at turning that 2 yard gain into a 4-5 yard gain. He'll be missed, but Vereen and Ridley are more than capable duo, though not as adept at catching balls out of the backfield.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50