Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
good on toploaders... but confused on penny sleeves
Question 
good on toploaders... but confused on penny sleeves
There are tons of threads here about toploader sizes. I have that covered, with a variety of sizes for thicker cards. (Thanks for all of the info!)

But, I am really confused on the penny sleeves. What penny sleeves do you use for 96pt cards like Panini Black?

I have Ultra Pro's "Premium" sleeves for thinner cards.
I also bought their "Thick" sleeves (that are rated up to 130pt).

The 96pt Panini Black do not seem to fit into Ultra Pro's standard premium sleeves. (Even the thinner Topps Supreme cards seem like you're asking for corner trouble putting them in the regular sleeves.)

They do fit loosely in UltraPro's "Thick" sleeves. But, the sleeve itself does not fit in the UltraPro toploaders... it's too wide. I'd have to bunch/fold up the sides of the sleeve to fit it into the toploader.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong, since I haven't been able to find mention of anyone else having this problem in this forum.

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Thanks!

RE: good on toploaders... but confused on penny sleeves
I know the thick card sleeves fit in the 180pt toploaders, but that's a little overkill for a 96pt card. Maybe try using the cheaper UltraPro penny sleeves instead of the Premium ones. The 96pt cards should fit into those. And they will fit in the toploaders. As far as the corner trouble goes, I take a pocket knife and make a small slit down one of the seams. Card slides right in. Other people just cut off a corner with a scissors, but I don't like the way it looks. I think Ultra Pro also sells sleeves with the corners cut off, but a) they are more expensive and really you can cut off the corner yourself, and b) look ugly according to me.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Ultra Pro has 3 different sized penny sleeves. Haven't had a problem getting a card into one of the three yet unless it's a booklet or something like that.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

for the super thick cards the vintage card sleeves work really well.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16