`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010-11 Zenith $30.00 box of Crap

RE: 2010-11 Zenith $30.00 box of Crap
(03-19-2013, 10:03 AM)wickabee Wrote: Hobby looks the same as this. Like I said, I broke a box and, while there were more "hits" it was right in line with the garbage he pulled from this blaster.
I know exactly what hobby looks like. The odds are generally far better in hobby but we all know you're not going to pull a Taylor Hall RC/Auto out of every box of a low numbered patch.

As for calling it garbage, what exactly are you expecting from a box of cards?

(03-19-2013, 10:08 AM)ronin Wrote: I know exactly what hobby looks like. The odds are generally far better in hobby but we all know you're not going to pull a Taylor Hall RC/Auto out of every box of a low numbered patch.

As for calling it garbage, what exactly are you expecting from a box of cards?
Look, I know where you're going with this. I'm not usually a complainer about breaks. In fact, Zenith is the only break I've truly complained about at all. They say the odds are better, but I doubt it. More pack = more hits. That's the "better odds" with this product. If I buy a blaster and get what the OP did, I'm disappointed. If I drop $60 and the biggest hits are a base RC and a AU/RC both nobodies, I'm gonna be a little choked. I'm not expecting a Hall Patch Au, in fact I say the same thing to people a lot. This one product, Zenih, is a complete fail and even when on sale, is ridiculously overpriced. Always has been.

What I expect is if they're going to charge what they do you should get more than 2 RCs and a bunch of nothing inserts.

So yeah, now is where you ignore everything else I said and call me a whiner, right?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(03-19-2013, 10:30 AM)wickabee Wrote: Look, I know where you're going with this. I'm not usually a complainer about breaks. In fact, Zenith is the only break I've truly complained about at all. They say the odds are better, but I doubt it. More pack = more hits. That's the "better odds" with this product. If I buy a blaster and get what the OP did, I'm disappointed. If I drop $60 and the biggest hits are a base RC and a AU/RC both nobodies, I'm gonna be a little choked. I'm not expecting a Hall Patch Au, in fact I say the same thing to people a lot. This one product, Zenih, is a complete fail and even when on sale, is ridiculously overpriced. Always has been.

What I expect is if they're going to charge what they do you should get more than 2 RCs and a bunch of nothing inserts.

So yeah, now is where you ignore everything else I said and call me a whiner, right?
So why would you expect me to ignore all you said and call you a whiner? Feel free to express your opinion, but if you've been in this "hobby" long enough, you know the score.

(03-19-2013, 10:44 AM)ronin Wrote: So why would you expect me to ignore all you said and call you a whiner? Feel free to express your opinion, but if you've been in this "hobby" long enough, you know the score.
You're right. I also know when a product is poorly check listed and made. Zenith was. That's my opinion and I'm expressing it.

If I didn't know the score I'd be on about the Motowns Madness box that cost me $90 and returned <$30. Or the Contenders that netted me nothing but low end traders or the terrible Rookie Anthology with the top hit of a Gomez stick/jay that I had to pawn off on some sucker (sorry, Randi). But I'm not. I'm on about one product that, frankly, they shouldn't have bothered with. When you get more return from every box of Donruss you open than from a product with this price point something is wrong.

I assumed you would ignore it because so many do. Any time I even express the slightest disappointment in a break there's some xx to call me a whiner and tell me to leave the hobby. I assumed it was your turn, my bad.

(03-19-2013, 10:55 AM)wickabee Wrote: You're right. I also know when a product is poorly check listed and made. Zenith was. That's my opinion and I'm expressing it.

If I didn't know the score I'd be on about the Motowns Madness box that cost me $90 and returned <$30. Or the Contenders that netted me nothing but low end traders or the terrible Rookie Anthology with the top hit of a Gomez stick/jay that I had to pawn off on some sucker (sorry, Randi). But I'm not. I'm on about one product that, frankly, they shouldn't have bothered with. When you get more return from every box of Donruss you open than from a product with this price point something is wrong.

I assumed you would ignore it because so many do. Any time I even express the slightest disappointment in a break there's some jag off to call me a whiner and tell me to leave the hobby. I assumed it was your turn, my bad.
I've had plenty of horrible boxes, believe me. I bought one box of this years UD and it returned about $10 of "hits." Thankfully I only paid $50 for it.

Then again, I've had great luck with other products like Contenders. Out of three boxes, I pulled a Landeskog auto/patch, a Tavares auto/patch and a Booklet of Kesler/Schneider/Brown/Bernier or the recent box of Parkhurst Champions that netted me an Orr. I've been through cold streaks that were brutal and yes, there are bad products out there.

I'm starting to learn the key is to wait until a product is about a year old and it goes on sale. Then at least if it's $50 a box, it's not as painful.

(03-19-2013, 11:01 AM)ronin Wrote: I've had plenty of horrible boxes, believe me. I bought one box of this years UD and it returned about $10 of "hits." Thankfully I only paid $50 for it.

Then again, I've had great luck with other products like Contenders. Out of three boxes, I pulled a Landeskog auto/patch, a Tavares auto/patch and a Booklet of Kesler/Schneider/Brown/Bernier or the recent box of Parkhurst Champions that netted me an Orr. I've been through cold streaks that were brutal and yes, there are bad products out there.

I'm starting to learn the key is to wait until a product is about a year old and it goes on sale. Then at least if it's $50 a box, it's not as painful.
That's my whole point. Zenith was $110 a box when it came out. I bought my box a couple months ago for $60. After my break and every other break I've seen, this isn't even worth the $60.
(03-19-2013, 10:55 AM)wickabee Wrote: I assumed you would ignore it because so many do. Any time I even express the slightest disappointment in a break there's some jag off to call me a whiner and tell me to leave the hobby. I assumed it was your turn, my bad.
I take back the "my bad". After seeing you expand this to two threads, I was right the first time.

(03-19-2013, 11:08 AM)wickabee Wrote: That's my whole point. Zenith was $110 a box when it came out. I bought my box a couple months ago for $60. After my break and every other break I've seen, this isn't even worth the $60.
I take back the "my bad". After seeing you expand this to two threads, I was right the first time.
And I was thinking typical whiny Canucks' fan, but then I changed my mind...then I changed it back again when you did start to whine. Don't know why you're trying to start a fight about a box of hockey cards.

(03-19-2013, 06:09 PM)ronin Wrote: And I was thinking typical whiny Canucks' fan, but then I changed my mind...then I changed it back again when you did start to whine. Don't know why you're trying to start a fight about a box of hockey cards.
What team I or you cheer for has nothing to do with this. That was an ignorant statement.

I'm not the one trying to start a fight here. You came in here saying I'm wrong for saying this is a crap product (I still think it is) and then decided to go and spread your fight to my other thread. That too, was an incredibly ignorant move by you.

I don't whine about breaks, but I will call out a crap product when I see it. Zenith is a crap product end of story. It's you who can't seem to deal with my opinion. I have every right to my opinion. It's my opinion this is a crap product. It's also my opinion that people who start fights on message boards and spread them over several threads are xxx, but that's just me. I also think people who bring up irrelevant garbage, like what team I cheer for in a discussion about hockey card products, probably aren't too bright, or they'd stay on topic, but again, just me.

If you have a problem with any of these opinions that's your right, but it's not going to change my opinions and it will always remain your problem, not mine.

It's you who started this fight. It's you who started a fight in my other thread. It's you who can't deal with the fact that I have a different opinion from yours. And you have the nerve to think I'm the problem in this equation. Give your head a shake. Seriously.

box breaks are just frustrating in general to me. I will never buy another box of something unless I am set building. Since coming back to the hobby, I only buy singles. My daughter likes to bust boxes of cards, and in the two years we have busted 2 boxes of Allen n Ginter and 2 boxes of Topps baseball. All hits were selling on ebay for less than 5.00. She enjoys looking at all the cards and the inserts, but geez, 90 dollars for some base and a 5.00 jersey card?
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket

I wouldn't even like Zenith if I planned on keeping every card. Not only is it hard to trade or sell, the set is just ugly.