`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaq RC - PSA 10 = AWFUL

RE: Shaq RC - PSA 10 = AWFUL
(03-14-2013, 07:32 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: However the biggest issue with this card is Shaq rapping....
+1
(03-14-2013, 07:24 PM)jay187 Wrote: its looks okay too me it fdont have too be perfect
Really? Do you work for beckett grading BCCG cards?
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Gem Mint is not a "perfect" card regardless of the company.

(03-14-2013, 07:52 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Gem Mint is not a "perfect" card regardless of the company.
Okay, virtually perfect...

GEM-MT 10: Gem Mint
A PSA Gem Mint 10 card is a virtually perfect card. Attributes include four perfectly sharp corners, sharp focus and full original gloss. A PSA Gem Mint 10 card must be free of staining of any kind, but an allowance may be made for a slight printing imperfection, if it doesn't impair the overall appeal of the card. The image must be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front, and 75/25 percent on the reverse.

I recall a description that identified a grade of Gem Mint should be reflective of the card as if it had never been circulated. This particular card seems to have so minor flaws that appear to decrease appeal of the card.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

The seller agreed to do an exchange. He has 4 more and told me he would pick the best of the lot. I already sent back the card yesterday and did not take a shot of the front, however it looked perfectly fine from the front. I've been buying all BGS cards and up to this point had only purchased 1 PSA 10, a Kobe Topps RC which came in excellent condition. My downfall was expecting all PSA 10s to come the same way, especially since I'm noticing they tend to go for more than BGS 9.5s. I did just receive another PSA 10 Fleer Ultra Shaq RC that I can accept. Thanks for all the feedback!
And for buying on the Bay, BGS all the way!

be careful with psa cases, the cards can move around and get damaged inside the holder.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(03-15-2013, 01:07 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: be careful with psa cases, the cards can move around and get damaged inside the holder.
+1. That is what I thought initially too. The card might have been a PSA 10 when they graded it but the cards can move inside the case. It could have been damaged by moving.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Why PSA did not consider that when designing a slab is beyond me..

PSA gives more leeway on flaws on the backside of the card. So a card may be flawless on the front and slightly flawed on the back and still get a PSA10. That might have been what happened with this card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

djohn, I can see that theory applying to this particular card. The front looked fine.