`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overlooked Rookies? Hobby Wise

RE: Overlooked Rookies? Hobby Wise
Another good prospect who could get to the majors this year is Anthony Rendon. Also Andrelton Simmons could break out really big this year!

I agree on Moore; I think he's going to be great. It seems like with some of the rookies lately (Posey, Harper, Trout, etc) people have unrealistic expectations for prospects to figure it out right away. Also Shelby Miller seems to be flying a bit under the radar for how highly touted he was as little as a year ago. I know he had a rough first half last year, but the second half he had was exactly what made him a top prospect.

That would look really good in my Moore PC if you wanna trade it...

(03-13-2013, 11:37 AM)joba the clark Wrote: I hope you are right about Matt Moore because I have this.........
[Image: jan17053.jpg]
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I would need something huge in return for it along the lines of Jeter, Posey, Stanton, Trout or maybe Harper (because I have 2 Harper autos already)
(03-14-2013, 02:59 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: That would look really good in my Moore PC if you wanna trade it...

(03-13-2013, 11:35 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Another good prospect who could get to the majors this year is Anthony Rendon. Also Andrelton Simmons could break out really big this year!
I like Rendon - but isn't his natural position 3B? With Zimmerman not going anywhere, where is he going to play? I know he's actually played all over the infield...but I haven't seen enough of him to know if he has the range for ss or how he looks at 2B.

Also - what is going on with Tyrell Jenkins? I have seen both sides of reports - some are way high on him, the others aren't so sure. Wasn't he rated last year as one of the Cards top prospects? Or maybe I am thinking of someone else.

(03-14-2013, 09:43 AM)Bntownfan Wrote: I like Rendon - but isn't his natural position 3B? With Zimmerman not going anywhere, where is he going to play? I know he's actually played all over the infield...but I haven't seen enough of him to know if he has the range for ss or how he looks at 2B.

Also - what is going on with Tyrell Jenkins? I have seen both sides of reports - some are way high on him, the others aren't so sure. Wasn't he rated last year as one of the Cards top prospects? Or maybe I am thinking of someone else.
I believe they've been experimenting with Rendon at 2b, but I'd imagine it's probably take an injury for him to get much run this year.

For what it's worth Keith Law ranked Jenkins as the Cards #6 prospect. Kolten Wong could be interesting, especially considering he'll have a good shot at the full time job at some point this year.

(03-14-2013, 09:43 AM)Bntownfan Wrote: Also - what is going on with Tyrell Jenkins? I have seen both sides of reports - some are way high on him, the others aren't so sure. Wasn't he rated last year as one of the Cards top prospects? Or maybe I am thinking of someone else.
Pretty sure his stock has dropped a good deal over the last year
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I would have to say Nathan Eovaldi is pretty underrated. He has great stuff and his numbers definietly were not the best but hes having a great spring and he has great stuff. Its gonna be tough for him playing for Miami, but i could see him as possibly a 15 game winner in the next few years
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Paco Rodriguez was the first 2012 draftee to make the majors, so he must be good Smile
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!