`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Basketball question in football forum, Panini related. Help!!!

Basketball question in football forum, Panini related. Help!!!
Hey guys, I posted this in the football forum even though it's a basketball redemption, but I know this forum gets a lot more traffic ... and it's a Panini redemption question that probably covers all sports, LOL.

OK, you are not going to believe this.

I never thought it would happen to me, but it has ...

An expired redemption card.

And, it's a whopper.

Here's the deal.

I bought five of those mixed blasters at my local Target just a few minutes ago, and exactly one of them had exactly one pack of 2010-11 Donruss.

I was happy to see I got a redemption card for an auto ...

Then sad to see it expired on June 20, 2012 ...

Then checked the checklist to see who it was/would have been ...

203 Kobe Bryant G - Los Angeles Lakers /49

OK, so, before I pass out with disappointment, is there anything I can do?

I haven't scratched the code or tried to redeem it yet, and I'm going to call CS in the morning, but does anyone have any other advice/thoughts?

Obviously I want to put myself in the best position possible to land this auto or a similar one.

Thanks! RJ

UPDATE — CARD HAS BEEN SHIPPED! WOOT!

RE: Basketball question in football forum, Panini related. Help!!!
There is a chance they will redeem it if Kobe signed the cards. I say give it a shot. I pulled a Chris Johnson Finest Rookie Refractor Auto that booked at $150 at the time that was expired by 6 months and Topps sent 2 packs of cards :| But I redeemed a 2009 Score Inscriptions Brandon Pettigrew Red Zone Auto /30 a few months ago that was expired by almost a year and Panini honored it. I really think it boils down to if the player signed.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(03-11-2013, 11:34 PM)branesergen Wrote: There is a chance they will redeem it if Kobe signed the cards. I say give it a shot. I pulled a Chris Johnson Finest Rookie Refractor Auto that booked at $150 at the time that was expired by 6 months and Topps sent 2 packs of cards :| But I redeemed a 2009 Score Inscriptions Brandon Pettigrew Red Zone Auto /30 a few months ago that was expired by almost a year and Panini honored it. I really think it boils down to if the player signed.
Thanks, man ... I went on the bay and saw a couple of live ones, so I'm assuming he signed (the spokesmen usually have to, LOL) ...

Do you think I have any reason to be paranoid about trying to redeem it?

Meaning, I'm being chickens--t about scratching it off, putting the number in, and then having the code kicked back out or something ... then I have nothing but a used redemption card and won't have any leverage to deal with them ...

(03-11-2013, 11:38 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Thanks, man ... I went on the bay and saw a couple of live ones, so I'm assuming he signed (the spokesmen usually have to, LOL) ...

Do you think I have any reason to be paranoid about trying to redeem it?

Meaning, I'm being chickens--t about scratching it off, putting the number in, and then having the code kicked back out or something ... then I have nothing but a used redemption card and won't have any leverage to deal with them ...
I'd just wait to scratch it and call them up and pray you get a good CS rep!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(03-11-2013, 11:51 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: I'd just wait to scratch it and call them up and pray you get a good CS rep!
Yeah, that's the way I'm leaning ... I emailed Tracy and I'm going to call CS in the morning, hopefully between the two I'll get somewhere.

Man, I am freaking out right now. I know it's just a card, but it's an on-card auto/49 ... of Kobe. What's the book on it, $150 plus?

Out of a freaking mixed retail blaster, for 12 bucks.

(03-11-2013, 11:58 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, that's the way I'm leaning ... I emailed Tracy and I'm going to call CS in the morning, hopefully between the two I'll get somewhere.

Man, I am freaking out right now. I know it's just a card, but it's an on-card auto/49 ... of Kobe. What's the book on it, $150 plus?

Out of a freaking mixed retail blaster, for 12 bucks.
I'd be freaking out too!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(03-12-2013, 12:05 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: I'd be freaking out too!
Thanks a lot man, but that doesn't help very much. LOL

A better answer would be:

"Oh, no, RJ, you've got nothing to worry about ... in fact, I just pulled the same Kobe last week and redeemed it, no problem! In fact, since he already signed, Panini said they would rush it out to me!"

You know, or something like that, LOL

Pretty sure they honor expired redemptions. Email the customer service manager, David Sharp, his email is dsharp@paniniamerica.net

(03-12-2013, 12:23 AM)jdetter23 Wrote: Pretty sure they honor expired redemptions. Email the customer service manager, David Sharp, his email is dsharp@paniniamerica.net
Awesome, yeah ... Tracy forwarded my note to him and said they'll take of me.

Fingers crossed! Holy crap, what a night!

Don't sweat Randy, they honored a redemption for me from 2000 a few months ago. They will take care of you in some way. I can't say the same for Topps though, horrible CS in my opinion.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.