`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Basketball question in football forum, Panini related. Help!!!

RE: Basketball question in football forum, Panini related. Help!!!
(03-12-2013, 01:48 AM)englandhousehold Wrote: Don't sweat Randy, they honored a redemption for me from 2000 a few months ago. They will take care of you in some way. I can't say the same for Topps though, horrible CS in my opinion.
Man, that is sweet! Yeah, I've heard that basically Panini will try to hook you up, but the other companies won't.

I mean, it was weird ... when I first saw the expiration date, I was like, crap, please don't let it be anybody good (LOL) ... If it was some common rookie or something I would have just scratched it off and redeemed it and hoped for the best ...

But I mean ... Kobe? It's like, man, I can't screw this up! I will never pull something this good (especially out of retail) again.

Anyway, hopefully I should know more soon.

I would say you'd be able to get it. I just redeemed a 2010 Andrew Quarless auto rookie from the Donruss Rated Rookies set, and put it in about 3 weeks ago and just got it in the mail about 3 days ago, and it was expired as well. It's in Panini's best interest to honor it, if they can, especially if Topps has issues with that sort of thing, it would make them stand out a little better in the customer service area. Good luck with it though!

(03-12-2013, 08:48 AM)bojesphob Wrote: I would say you'd be able to get it. I just redeemed a 2010 Andrew Quarless auto rookie from the Donruss Rated Rookies set, and put it in about 3 weeks ago and just got it in the mail about 3 days ago, and it was expired as well. It's in Panini's best interest to honor it, if they can, especially if Topps has issues with that sort of thing, it would make them stand out a little better in the customer service area. Good luck with it though!
That's good to know ... thanks man, I appreciate it.
Hey guys, update (Tuesday AM) — Last night Tracy got back to me and said he had forwarded the note to David Sharp, the CS manager, said he was "the best in the business" and he would take care of me.

In the meantime, I had opened a CS claim question asking them about it, and they replied this morning that they honor all expired redemptions and to redeem it as usual.

So, I went for it ... and it worked just like any other redemption!

Just to be safe, I'm going to circle back around to Tracy and David to let them know I redeemed it.

(And I'm keeping ALL correspondence handy until Kobe shows up in my mailbox!)

Anyway, I know I'm being paranoid/obsessive ... but, hey, it's Kobe.

On card. Numbered to 49. Out of a $12 mixer.

Cannot do better than that, my friends!

Thanks for everybody's advice and what not.

I think you'll be fine. Their blog is a CS forum too. Tracy always responds - CS (in my opinion) is second to. None - if you reach out and get the right folks.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(03-12-2013, 06:45 PM)ugameck Wrote: I think you'll be fine. Their blog is a CS forum too. Tracy always responds - CS (in my opinion) is second to. None - if you reach out and get the right folks.
Yep, David Sharp reached out to me via email today ... I think it's on, brother man!

Gee, what a concept ... treat your customers well, and they keep buying your stuff!

OK, so ... Major update ... card has been shipped via FedEx!

Wow!

I'll be sure to share a scan when I get it.

That's awesome man.

(03-13-2013, 11:43 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: OK, so ... Major update ... card has been shipped via FedEx!

Wow!

I'll be sure to share a scan when I get it.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(03-13-2013, 12:03 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: That's awesome man.
Thanks man.

Both Tracy and David at Panini got right back to me, it was awesome.

I'll definitely get a scan up.

You know, the weird thing is, when I first pulled the pack out of the mixer, it had this weird slit down the side, like a pack searcher had cut it open or something.

I remember thinking, "great, leftover pack from a pack searcher special, I'm sure there's going to be something really awesome in here, NOT."

Then I got the redemption. Then I saw it was expired. Then I saw who it was. Then I freaked out. Then I contacted Panini in a panic. And now like less than 48 hours later it's on its way here.

Still kind of stunned over the whole deal, honestly.

congrats again
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(03-13-2013, 05:06 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: congrats again
Thanks again, LOL ... sorry for the double post, but I was right ... I got WAY more feedback on the football board, LOL