`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What ever happened to Charles and Ed O'Bannon and Toby Bailey?

What ever happened to Charles and Ed O'Bannon and Toby Bailey?
These guys were studs for UCLA when they won their championship, but didn't last more than a year or two in the NBA? Anybody know why they couldn't make the cut?
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

RE: What ever happened to Charles and Ed O'Bannon and Toby Bailey?
All played overseas. Goes to show that the NBA is highly competitive and NCAA basketball greatness never guarantees success in the NBA

To be honest, I love basketball!!!!! But I can't stand to watch NCAA bball. Tons of turnovers, crappy d, bad passing, crappy shooting. I never understand why people go nuts over NCAA bball, as purist, it really is mostly terrible basketball.

lastly NCAA has gotten very cliche. Fans Bum rushing the court after every game, the jumping up and down by the student sections the entire game makes me nauseated.

Sorry, had to rant.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Well not all NCAA basketball is as bad as you say. There are some pretty good teams who shoot well and don't turn the ball over alot. But it is a different game. They run a lot more plays and set a lot more screens to get shooters open. In the NBA you have to be able to create your own shot or your not going to be around for very long. Steve Alford, I'm talking to you.

NCAA also is ALOT stricter on the rules like travelling, carrying, 3 sec in the paint, etc. There is alot more "interpretation" than hard fast rules in the NBA. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't really think LeBron or Kobe and the like should get a call just because they are a superstar. Call it even across the board . A foul is a foul and a travel is a travel no matter who you are. But that's how it is and there not going to change it for me.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I find NCAA ball to be a true pleasure to watch. I have no real emotional connection to any team so I watch the games objectively, and truly appreciate it. The only two issues I find is that there are too many games that are not competitive, and the 35 second shot clock is miserable IMO.

As for the OPs question college ball is, to use a cliche, a system game and the NBA is much more about the individual. For a modern example look at the defensive capabilities of Boeheim's Syracuse teams over the years and then look at the tremendous struggles many of his drafted players have had playing defensive in the NBA. It's also a representation of the quality of the opponent. In the NBA you are facing he best of he best night in and night out. In the NCAA you may only face truly elite competition a couple of times a year.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

I love March Madness. The guys actually give it their all unlike the NBA where they dog it. There is also a pride factor when it comes to alma mater.

(03-11-2013, 07:28 PM)sonnyday Wrote: All played overseas. Goes to show that the NBA is highly competitive and NCAA basketball greatness never guarantees success in the NBA

To be honest, I love basketball!!!!! But I can't stand to watch NCAA bball. Tons of turnovers, crappy d, bad passing, crappy shooting. I never understand why people go nuts over NCAA bball, as purist, it really is mostly terrible basketball.

lastly NCAA has gotten very cliche. Fans Bum rushing the court after every game, the jumping up and down by the student sections the entire game makes me nauseated.

Sorry, had to rant.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg