`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Best boxfor the buck?

Best boxfor the buck?
Hey guys, been away from collecting for a while, but trying to get back into it. What would you consider to be the best box money can buy in the $100 or less range? Thanks!

RE: Best boxfor the buck?
It really depends on what you want. Prospects/Rookies or Veterans. But I would go with Bowman, Bowman Chrome or Bowman Draft...Also Bowman Platinum is a fun break but may be in the $120 range depending on your Local Card Shop

Elite for amount of autos and prospects
[Image: banner8_zpsd1d99d0d.jpg]

Collecting Brandon Beachy, Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Andrelton Simmons and Vintage Atlanta Braves

Gypsy Queen, about $110, two mem, two autos, some SP variants.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Ok have a few questions. Any thoughts on Panini Limited or Elite, Leaf Metal Draft, or Bowman Platinum? Thanks again!

Elite is cool because you get a ton of autographs for a good price but odds are you are not going to pull any great prospect autos, Leaf Metal is another one where the solid hits from the boxes just don't have that much value. Plus Panini does not have an MLB license so their cards don't have MLB teams on them. I really like anything Bowman, especially from this year or last year because you have a shot to pull Bryce Harper Autographs. I noticed you were a Cubs fan...2012 Bowman Chrome has Jorge Soler in it. You can find boxes out there now for around $65 to $70 and you get a 2nd autograph in every 3rd box. Id go with Bowman Platinum out of the 3 you listed though. Its a good mix of prospects and veteran stuff as well as having rookie cards of Harper, Darvish and Cespedes.
(03-12-2013, 03:01 AM)cubswinagain Wrote: Ok have a few questions. Any thoughts on Panini Limited or Elite, Leaf Metal Draft, or Bowman Platinum? Thanks again!

I completely agree with Joba. Just throwing my 2c in here - i know a lot of people like the guaranteed hits - and platinum does come with 3 per hobby box. BUT - in my opinion, I was not a huge fan of the layout of the cards this year, definitely think the bowman chrome is a "prettier" card - and (again - my opinion) the die cuts out of chrome are head and shoulders better then platinum. Although with any decision - especially with product that is already out - peruse the checklists for any wants - like joba said, chrome this year had a soler auto, but platinum has baez base cards.

Thanks again!