`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box...

RE: First Hobby Box ever and I pulled...
I concur.. Getting a game used jersey that's autod with 10 k would make me happy
[Image: banner8_zpsd1d99d0d.jpg]

Collecting Brandon Beachy, Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Andrelton Simmons and Vintage Atlanta Braves

(03-11-2013, 05:29 PM)djohn Wrote: First off, CONGRATULATIONS! Personally I would keep it, but if I had to sell it then I would definitely not take any random offer for the card or rush to accept an offer. The first people to make offers on eBay are usually those looking to flip a card in hopes that you will just accept their offer. Also just remember that people trying to buy something are going to try and tell you it isn't worth that much because they want a better deal.
I checked eBay and saw the auction. Your asking price is definitely on the high side, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got $10-$12k for the card. As rare as the card is (after all it is a 1/1), there are still other cards you can compare it to for a reference on value. Topps has made 25 other Babe Ruth cut autographs (all but one were 1/1 and that one had 2 copies), some with memorabilia pieces and some without. The cards usually sell for around $10k. So if I had the card and needed to sell it, then I definitely wouldn't take under $10k. I also wouldn't make it a 1 week eBay listing though, as you want as much exposure to the sale as possible. Depending on which Major League player wants to buy it you might be able to get some nice perks from him along with the money to make that a worthwhile sale. That being said, I would want to make sure that the person was indeed a MLB player and not just a random person impersonating one in hopes of drawing out a sale at a lower value.
I started high, but I certainly have no reason to rush into a sale.

I really appreciate all of your advice. Everyone on the blog so far has been so helpful!

no comment!!!! side note amazing, crazy, LUCKY, priceless pull

bragging rights for a lifetime if you ask me!!! congrats!

First, congrats on one of the greatest pulls of all time! I offer no advice other than to at least get the card, hold it and have a picture taken with it (or 100!). A Ruth auto card is my "holy grail" and would be the only one I would never get rid of. My grandfather was friends with Connie Mack and use to regal me with stories of the Babe's power when I was very, very little and we were watching games on TV.....

Sorry about that, didn't mean to interupt your story...best of luck with whatever you decide to do and thanks for sharing!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

WOW! Just WOW. Congrats you lucky bastard.

Absolutely unbelievable! I would say congratulations are in order!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Beginners luck is an understatement! I would keep it only to take pictures with it then sell. When I started back into collecting I pulled another monster cut auto but, I still have it and hope to give it to my kids who will probably just sell it. CONGRATS!!!! Oh and I hate you! J/K seriously Whenever I think of Ruth I think of the Sandlot!

Wow. Congrats!

The best pull I've seen since I started back to collecting. I don't think your thread title does it justice (there should be 3-4+ pages of responses).

Based on what I've seen on Ebay, modern pulls of this type have brought from $10-13k (as djohn said), but you need to do a little marketing. I'd email your pull to Topps so they can post a story on their twitter and facebook account. You also might want to email the Beckett staff and see if you can get some pub similar to what the poor guy who pulled the Andrew Luck 1/1. This is a pretty big story that deserves attention.

Good luck with the sale!
[Image: i41wt3.jpg]

Looking for Bryce Harper, Profar, Elvis Andrus, Nolan Ryan, Early Wynn and other Rangers.

Looking for Brock Osweiler and Wes Welker.

Congrats on the once in life time pull!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball