`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SP? Really? A heritage rant

RE: SP? Really? A heritage rant
Considering the high number SPs come 2 or three per retail box, not sure about Hobby, I think they are only slightly SP compared to low numbered cards. I'm not surprised you got so many dupes. you could buy 100 more boxes and not get another the same.

It is the luck of the draw. Got 3 boxes....2 from 1 place, 1 from another. I just so happened to get a Harper & Puljos (both in the same pack no less!) SP Action from one of the boxes from each. Opened them seperatly as part of my grand experiment to develop a plan on bettering my hit odds as well as collation issues. If anyone comes up with something, please let the rest of us know.....

Sorry for your woes...nice pictures though!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

got two blasters from two different walmarts in two different towns and 20 dupes. Didn't get that many dupes from series one until like, a hobby box and 3 blasters later. I'm probably done buying it - not enthused.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,263 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

So, I thought my rant was going to continue after buying 3 heritage blasters from Target (don't forget to use your $2 off coupons from topps series 1blasters)
Because the first pack ... Bamm ... Another Votto SP but then I got a refractor or two and that was it ... Nothing spectacular.
[Image: 066FEF8D-9D65-4E9A-B547-7F4591230169-110...3dfc9d.jpg]

Then my first pack of the next blaster .... Guess who was staring up at me? Joey Votto! I started to laugh, but in that same pack was a purple refractor, then another in the next, and so on ...woo hoo .... The Hot Box

[Image: 0B75390B-5997-4867-A923-936BB450E60E-110...f75b4a.jpg]
[Image: A0DD2156-F2AC-4AFE-8262-D91127272F8B-110...604961.jpg]

Wow! That was cool, but feeling a little let down .... Figuring that was about as good as I would ever get with a blaster .... Box 3 opened ... Got more SP cards that remarkably weren't dupes! And even some Yankees!

[Image: 0C244494-C156-4E33-81D6-7F0C7EF74625-110...9d8a53.jpg]
These were from the first box
[Image: A34DF4FB-0241-4D06-9048-0EA587AE5204-110...7ac89b.jpg]

And then the second to last pack of the last box I got a Freese Auto /64

[Image: D6BE8C89-A394-4290-8F6F-5E8D73FEE55D-110...43a521.jpg]
Here along with my 3 red border cards!

All in all, I feel that I did better at Target than I did with my 3 hobby boxes.
But still, can't believe how bad the collation was with the hobby boxes
(03-11-2013, 09:54 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: It is the luck of the draw. Got 3 boxes....2 from 1 place, 1 from another. I just so happened to get a Harper & Puljos (both in the same pack no less!) SP Action from one of the boxes from each. Opened them seperatly as part of my grand experiment to develop a plan on bettering my hit odds as well as collation issues. If anyone comes up with something, please let the rest of us know.....

Sorry for your woes...nice pictures though!
Thanks! I guess the only strategy that works ... Buy 1 hobby, buy 3 blasters from Walmart then 3 from Target .... Hope for a hot box and hope that the collation is better. I opened packs from the Target box where every card was new for my set without duplication.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

SO are they sp or not?
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(03-13-2013, 06:00 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: SO are they sp or not?
According to all the websites, they are SP, just in my sample batch of cards, they seem quite plentiful. I guess we will see how it all filters out. Maybe everyone in California will need SP cards that I have in dupes, and I will need what they have in duplicate.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-13-2013, 06:00 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: SO are they sp or not?
What's funny is, for some reason, I thought that Votto was a SP card. It's not!
The SP cards starts with 426. I thought it stared at 423?!?! Where'd I come up with that? So, never mind about my complaint with getting an abundance of Votto,

If you're interested in trading the Verlander boxtopper, please give me a look. -In fact, since I haven't bought any Heritage, I'd be interested in any Verlander, Cabrera, Stanton, or Avisail Garcia you'd be willing to part with.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(03-16-2013, 01:56 PM)uvaspina Wrote: If you're interested in trading the Verlander boxtopper, please give me a look. -In fact, since I haven't bought any Heritage, I'd be interested in any Verlander, Cabrera, Stanton, or Avisail Garcia you'd be willing to part with.
I'll see what I cone up with, in terms of dupes and such. Not sure about trading the jumbo boxloader Verlander ... Unless its for a jumbo boxloader jeter, or something like that.

I've bought 5 blasters is far and haven't had many dupes at all base or sp. I guess I've been lucky.