`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 box $11.99 target repack.- GU hit!

1 box $11.99 target repack.- GU hit!
went to target with the gals tonight, keep seeing the boxes of repacked packs and figure they are all junk, but each time the past couple of weeks we have went in there has been one box that has a $4.99 2011 bowman draft picks hanger pack in one of the two visible slots. topps chrome on the other.

decided to check the price on it today and figure for $11.99 it was worth a shot..even though I doubt it would yield much more than cards for our two year old daughter to play with.

joking as I opened it about how many packs of 1990 fleer would be tucked in behind it...I see two wax packs of donruss...1989.. LOL

anyway pleasantly surprised with the results, mostly thanks to the one pack of 2009 upper deck X but still!

bad news on the hanger--it was obviously very thumbed through by some ***** where-ever it was on the shelves before as all the edges had distinct fingernail/fingermarks on the sides from being slide around.

anyway highlights scans later if I have time

2009 upper deck X:
Ryan Braun X-ponential
Roy Halladay die-cut
Matt Kemp- GU jersey swatch!
2008 upper deck - common starquest - albert pujols

2011 topps chrome:
Eric Sogard heritage Ref #/1962

the rest was pretty much absolute garbage. but for $12 in retail hitting a GU and of a decent player? not bad!

2 1989 Donruss waxpacks
2008 upper deck first edition
2008 upper deck first edition update
2009 Upper Deck X
2011 bowman draft picks ($4.99 hanger pack)
2011 topps series 2
2 2011 topps chome (4 card packs)
2012 topps opening day
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

RE: 1 box $11.99 target repack.- GU hit!
Hey bud, I got a 1988 Donruss pack in my repack box!!! That was my "1990 Fleer", lol. Buuuuuutttttt...I pulled a Glavine Rc from it. I was happy as Glavine, a fellow New Englander & sure HOF'er (I hope), is always a cool pull. My bowman packs were crap btw. gotta love those repack jobs

I also buy Target and Walmart repack boxes and I also get my share of "1990 fleer" packs. In addition to finding the worthless cards, what happens to me is that I will find a decent card or two and then I discover that EVERY active member on Beckett also owns that "decent" card. It sometimes makes me wonder if I have found anything good or not.
My best finds always seem to come from my lcs who does most of his business as a wholesaler of unopened manufacturers boxes from past years.
Always looking for Al Kaline cards - Mr. Tiger!

not bad
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK