`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New HGH testing in the NBA? Wonder if certain players have used?

New HGH testing in the NBA? Wonder if certain players have used?
Could you imagine if LeBron testing positive and what that would do to the basketball nation?

Scary to think about...

RE: New HGH testing in the NBA? Wonder if certain players have used?
That will never happen. The NBA as a business would suffer so much from something like that. They are not going to put themselves at risk. Before they start testing and the rule goes into affect i can gurantee there will be some memos going around telling everyone that after this date the NBA will start testing for HGH. "Just so you know" wink wink.

Anyway, I am not a scientist or anything, but it seems like it would be pretty hard to test for HGH. It is after all Human Growth Hormone, something the body does produce. Who is to say KG's body doesn't produce more than Tim Duncan's. How do they get a baseline for each person. I mean these are world class athletes. Something in their DNA gave them an advantage over the rest of the world. It's not like they just practiced harder and wanted it more to get to where they are now.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

They are world class athletes, yes. HGH is produced by the body naturally. There is a certain variance or allowance that would need to be taken into consideration when doing such tests. The amounts that athletes use are above and beyond any normal level and would trigger a positive test. While it is definitely science any person with a background in research, medicine and statistics would be able to figure out a relevant range for athletes.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Man...i posted this on another site. 32 views here, 200+ there. Lol

This site has really been quiet lately. Maybe its just a boring OP?

There is one former player that I GUARANTEE used that type of stuff.

Wait for it....

Keep waiting...

Shawn Bradley :-D
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(03-09-2013, 11:13 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Man...i posted this on another site. 32 views here, 200+ there. Lol

This site has really been quiet lately. Maybe its just a boring OP?
I thought it was a good question. I think its one of those questions that you dont want to consider on the following premise, "what if YOUR guy took HGH?" It would be Lance Armstrong all over again.

Everybody loved Lance, LOVED Lance. He beat cancer, beat other cyclists, was a great Founder/spokesman for LiveStrong. People wanted this guy to date their daughters.

Fast forward to now. People would even bag his freaking groceries for him. You just don't want YOUR guy doing it. Me? While I collect Kobe, I am a Celtics fan. I would be crushed if it was found thast Paul Pierce took HGH. Right now, I put him in the top 5 of best Celtics Ever. Behind Russell, Bird, Heinsohn and Cousy and ahead of everyone else. I simply wouldn't be able to think of him similarly if it came to light that he was doping the whole time.

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

THC testing would be more entertaining.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

It would have been better with the old trail blazers team with Sheed and stoudamire. They wouldn't have even had a team to trot out to the court, suspensions considering.