`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
OT: Need To Vent About Grading

OT: Need To Vent About Grading
So I'm selling some cards for a guy and noticed his Russell Wilson patch auto /50 from finest goes for $100(most of the time)-$140(on a good day) roughly, but the 9.5 goes for $280-$300 so I decided to get it raw graded by Beckett at a show. I got the grade back which was a 9. Not too happy about that since I looked the card over for a few minutes under different lighting sources. So I took it out and sold it in a one-touch for $90. A guy that I know kept an eye on it for me since the buyer had it graded. Wouldn't you know it, he got a fricken 9.5! That's a load of horse excrement!

RE: OT: Need To Vent About Grading
They cant get every grade right man, multiple graders. Some are tougher than others
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Grading is so subjective, which is why people always break them out and resend, you never know what the next person will think. Iv seen 9.5s in holders that look like crap compared to some 9s!

I know it varies by person but that's a $200 difference. Oh well, I know better for next time

Not complaining about that ten! Thanks again!
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

I have a Dick lane rc graded 8 right now worth around $290, and 8.5 is worth over 1000. It sucks but its just how it is. If you grade ALOT it all balances out. Youll get some cards graded that will come back higher than you thought, some lower, and most in the middle right where you expected it to be
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Happens all the time. I've cracked and gotten higher more times than I can count. I even had a card come back shaved only to get a 9.5 the next time around. I think the raw card grading is a complete waste of money.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

The RCR is just what it states ... A review. The grade doesnt hold its weight in crap and doubt even a 9.5 would have brought over $120.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Sucks to hear about the card sale and what could have been. I guess I should start looking at grades as plus or minus 0.5 on the final grade...
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(03-07-2013, 06:23 AM)branesergen Wrote: The RCR is just what it states ... A review. The grade doesnt hold its weight in crap and doubt even a 9.5 would have brought over $120.
I would have slabbed it if it got a 9.5. Oh well, now I know not to do RCR on higher end stuff.