`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Project Share Thread...1982 pictured

Project Share Thread...1982 pictured
Okay I am close enough to finished going in to the 2013 Season that I can share my project with everyone now. I have kept it pretty quiet so far but I think I'm far enough in that I can share now.

My goal when I set out was to obtain an ON CARD auto of every elected starter and their replacement should they have sat out, for every All-Star game from the year I was born (1980) until present. If there was no certified on card available i went for a cut or sticker. I did include Sweet Spots and some decent cuts for harder players. I will then add the new All-Stars every year as my life progresses. I started this in 2012 early in the year. I also decided that from 2010 on I would go after every All-Star not just the starters.

Then as I got further in I decided to add the award winners by year as well starting with 1980. I will share those later.

Each day I will add a year to this thread so everyone can see my accomplishment.

I hope you enjoy. If anyone sees a card they think they can't live without, let me know. If we can find a replacement for it we can talk about a trade maybe.

I should mention this wouldn't have been as possible without the help of Dontpray who helped me land some of these.

1982 All-Stars
AL Starters
Carlton Fisk
[Image: scan0268.jpg]
Rod Carew
[Image: scan0114.jpg]
Cecil Cooper (started in place of Rod Carew)
[Image: scan0071.jpg]
Bobby Grich
[Image: scan0146-3.jpg]
George Brett
[Image: scan0236-1.jpg]
Robin Yount
[Image: scan0315-1.jpg]
Rickey Henderson
[Image: scan0067-2.jpg]
Reggie Jackson
[Image: scan0331-1.jpg]
Fred Lynn
[Image: scan0260.jpg]
Dennis Eckersley
[Image: scan0080-3.jpg]

NL Starters
Gary Carter (also MVP)
[Image: scan0047-1.jpg]
Pete Rose
[Image: scan0028.jpg]
Manny Trillo
[Image: scan0107-2.jpg]
Mike Schmidt
[Image: scan0161-4.jpg]
Dave Concepcion (MVP)
[Image: scan0258.jpg]
Andre Dawson
[Image: scan0088-1.jpg]
Dale Murphy
[Image: scan0337_zps3d6fbc49.jpg]
Tim Raines
[Image: scan0253-1.jpg]
Steve Rogers
[Image: scan0261.jpg]

Winning Pitcher
Steve Rogers (pictured above)

Losing Pitcher
Dennis Eckersley (also pictured above)
Save
Tom Hume
[Image: scan0156-3.jpg]

MVP
Dave Concepcion (pictured above)

Managers (I had forgotten to picture these before. I don't have all of these though)
AL Manager
Billy Martin
Not yet acquired

NL Manager
Tom Lasorda
[Image: scan0215-2.jpg]

I also happened to have the Home Plate Umpire for this one
Doug Harvey
[Image: scan0028_zps3f010d95.jpg]

RE: Project Share Thread
Nice collection idea!

sweet collection cant wait to see the rest. do you not have an auto where there is no pic under a name because id love to help

(03-04-2013, 03:53 PM)friedmana27 Wrote: sweet collection cant wait to see the rest. do you not have an auto where there is no pic under a name because id love to help

Are you asking if there is any blanks on the collection? There are still a few but they aren't easy to get.

I need Dean Chance, Todd Stottlemyre, Kevin Correia, Keith Foulke, and Ichiro Suzuki off the top of my head. The issue is obviously Ichiro is very high dollar but he will be my next purchase. The only help there is likely if you buy cards from me, haha. As for the others they are just hard to come by. Foulke, Chance, and Stottlemyre only have one on card each and they aren't seen often but all sell cheap. The Correia is a sticker but for some reason those just don't surface much either.

I do appreciate the help.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Awsome project Derek. Nice stuff.
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

(03-04-2013, 04:26 PM)daddys lil all star Wrote: Awsome project Derek. Nice stuff.

Thanks! This is the tip of the iceberg. It gets much better by the year of course. There will be guys in here people haven't heard of and others people remember and love from their childhood. This collection brings back so many memories for me its crazy.

What a great and ambitious project! Congrats on the near completion and can't wait to see more!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

every collection needs a direction and this one is very very original. its a great idea derek. when i first saw your list i was wondering why you wanted certain players (i couldn't figure out why you wanted some) and now it makes sense. i'm fifteen years older than you so all the names are familiar to me but there are some i haven't thought of in years. thanks for giving us a look and insight into your collection and for bringing back some memories. it's a very ambitious undertaking and you seem to have nailed it!!
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

(03-04-2013, 05:13 PM)lecreccio Wrote: every collection needs a direction and this one is very very original. its a great idea derek. when i first saw your list i was wondering why you wanted certain players (i couldn't figure out why you wanted some) and now it makes sense. i'm fifteen years older than you so all the names are familiar to me but there are some i haven't thought of in years. thanks for giving us a look and insight into your collection and for bringing back some memories. it's a very ambitious undertaking and you seem to have nailed it!!

I have such a love and appreciation for the game. I wanted to do something not everyone else does. We all have our HOFers and our favorites but not many have this. I didn't wanna share early cause I didn't want someone to steal the idea and me be battling it out for some of these tougher cards. You'd be shocked at how hard some of these "little" guys can be to track down.

I feel like there are always those guys in the game who really stood out or made certain years in baseball fun to watch and after their time they are so often forgotten. For me it isn't something I wanna forget. I don't wanna remember a guy for his HOF induction. I wanna remember a guy for what he did when I was watching. Things like Adrubal Cabrera's Unassisted Triple Play in 2008 are things that will jump out in my memory when I look at his auto.

That to me is what this game and collecting is about. I am a kid at heart collecting cards. I haven't lost my roots or lost track of what made me love baseball so much to begin with. I didn't start this hobby to make a pretty penny. I started it cause I loved the game.

I need this card from you for my collection. Ken Reitz Cardinal 3rd baseman

Sorry I have no doubles I thought I did but I was Wong
Looking for Cardinal Autos, Kaleb Cowart, Sweet Spot Autos

http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz276/RANDYK72/

[Image: 004-1.jpg]