`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Surprise!!

Nice Surprise!!
Up a bit later than normal packaging up my trades. I was going through a large box of new and old bubble mailers (about a thousand of them) I use for shipping. I grabbed a handful and was packaging my trades up. I got to one and I thought it was odd the flap was sealed like I had never opened it.

I opened it up, threw the cards in but a took a second look to make sure nothing was in there like an old trade invoice/ect before I taped it up. Low and behold there was a card in there. Not much but a $40 Roger Maris GU card it used to be $100 so its a bummer it went down but still a nice find considering I just moved my only Maris GU a couple weeks ago. Someone almost got a nice freebie. I've never had that happen (that I know of), but it makes me want to start double checking a little more carefully. So if you reuse bubble mailers, take it from me, double check those things.

In case you're wondering I just checked and the package is marked as being sent May 5th, of 2011. I actually remember trading another I had and I was upset with myself I almost double traded a card I thought I had, well I guess I did have another one after all, all along.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

RE: Nice Surprise!!
I think you just found a little gold at the end of the trading rainbow. Nice
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Yeah, really makes me wonder though if I ever sent anyone some free highend cards before without knowing about it. Well as long as I don't know about it, whoever might have gotten them, you're welcome. Smile

Nice find!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

The question is Erik, did you leave a trader or a buyer negative feedback thinking that you never received the card, when you had it all along?

Maybe you should check into that Smile
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Good question, and fortunately no. No negative was ever left. I must have known I got it, but never scanned it just put it back in the mailer and the glue was still fresh enough where it glued shut again. I do that sometimes if I check the mail on my way out and open them in my car.

I remember I had been trying to trade my other one, and two people wanted the card and both trades where pretty good and I figured I would just trade them both and pick up another later down the road. I still recall being upset when I couldn't find the other one and had to turn down the other trade offer. Good thing I don't toss out my bubble mailers.

Cool story. I love it when I find stuff.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.