`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musial/Sandberg Update - Gypsy Queen Leather Mini Mail Day v4 (Heavy Scans)

RE: New Milestone (150) Update - Gypsy Queen Leather Mini Mail Day v4 (Heavy Scans)
(09-22-2012, 03:04 PM)katieneack Wrote: Wow - That is amazing!! Where did you get that Larkin. I collect only him and haven't even seen one of these for sale. Congrats!
Wow - I can't believe you missed the one I picked up on eBay a while back!! Good for me! LOL.
Always trading for Barry Larkin. Also looking for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. 

Will consider trading for other current/past Cincinnati Reds and Bengals.

[Image: Uw7lfAR.jpg]

RE: Musial/Sandberg Update - Gypsy Queen Leather Mini Mail Day v4 (Heavy Scans)
New update! Please check the first post for a dozen new pickups.

Click HERE to go to the first post.

Click above to see my GQ leather minis (162/350) - Updated 03/01/13
WANTED: 1978 Tigers Team Issue Set, 2007 Fleer Mini Die Cuts Gold #216 Magglio Ordonez

This may sound like a stupid question, but these are actually printed on leather?
Or is there some other reason for them to be called that?
I've seen the wood set and you can see the wood grain, on these I don't see any leather grain beneath the picture.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-02-2013, 04:09 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: This may sound like a stupid question, but these are actually printed on leather?
Or is there some other reason for them to be called that?
I've seen the wood set and you can see the wood grain, on these I don't see any leather grain beneath the picture.
Faux leather. They have the texture similar to baseball-type leather. Since my minis are double-sleeved, the texture is hard to see but it covers the whole area. Cheap scanners don't help either.

I don't think it's possible to print on real leather since it would fade out over time.

Click above to see my GQ leather minis (162/350) - Updated 03/01/13
WANTED: 1978 Tigers Team Issue Set, 2007 Fleer Mini Die Cuts Gold #216 Magglio Ordonez

Its about time you updated this thread!! So more nice pickups!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(03-02-2013, 04:30 PM)frostycollects Wrote: Faux leather. They have the texture similar to baseball-type leather. Since my minis are double-sleeved, the texture is hard to see but it covers the whole area. Cheap scanners don't help either.
I don't think it's possible to print on real leather since it would fade out over time.
Thanks! That makes more sense. I was really confused how it would have been done otherwise.
Great collection and I hope you are able to complete your set.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice new adds!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!