`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Mike Trout moving to LF?

RE: Mike Trout moving to LF?
To Trout's credit, from everything I've read he's taken the high road and is letting his agent do the talking for him. If anything, he's said all the right things. Still, it seems odd to me to move a guy out of his comfort zone when everything was going so well. Centerfield is a position that keeps a guy's head in the game all game. While Bourjos might be marginally better than Trout in theory, to me, Trout has proven himself as one of the best outfielders in the game. His speed, range, and athleticism are great assets to have in centerfield. In fact, his historic WAR was built, in significant part, on his defensive value. It seems stupid to limit that value by placing him in left field. I could see for a guy like Josh Hamilton, or Grady Sizemore--guys who crash into walls and play with reckless abandon--it being a good move to shift someone to a less demanding spot. But Trout was in a league of his own.

Beyond that, Bourjos probably isn't any better than Trout and, considering Trout's performance last season, should probably take the back seat and play in left. If Bourjos was so sweet last year, why didn't he play center?
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Have you seen him??? Its definietly not muscle. I was watching ESPN the other day and they were talking about it and they played a clip of him saying hes 9 lbs heavier than at the end of last year, then they showed a video clip of him and Scott Van Pelts reaction was "9 lbs? He looks huge!". I'm a big fan of Mike Trout, I think hes an amazing player...but he let last year get to his head and got fat, and now hes having his agent throw a fit for him and complaining about moving to LF...either way hes an everyday starter for a major league team. There is a million people that would kill to be able to say that. Sucked it up, get in shape and show that your a professional and worth the $ you think you are
(03-02-2013, 09:01 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Grossly out of shape? Where do you get that? Everything I've read and seen on MLB network said he's about 30 pounds heavier than last year, but it's muscle - he's got 9% body fat from what I've read.
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

I'll go with the beat writer and MLB Network over ESPN, which is absolutely the most overrated sports news outlet out there. If I want information on the Yankees or Red Sox I'll go to them, but for anyone else I'm looking 15 other places first.
Kepler

Lol I didn't say I was taking my info from them. The voice clip was of Mike Trout and the video clip was of Trout throwing the ball and he honestly looked like a chubby baby. Playing the clip on MLB network isn't going to magically make him look 20 lbs lighter than if it was played on ESPN
Here, this is an easier...
2012 ROY Mike Trout
[Image: hi-res-150564742_crop_650x440_zpsf9fe3a14.jpg]

2013 Chubby Baby Mike Trout
[Image: dm_130214_dm_130214_mlb_mike_trout_inter...f2adcc.jpg]
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Seems pointless to move him.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

what is the big deal... he was in left field last year for nearly 90% of the games he played
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

Yeah, I don't think it's that big a deal either. Switching positions in the outfield isn't like switching from infield to outfield or catcher. Someone with Trout's talent should be able to make a switch like that very easily.

As far as the contract squabble goes...none of that will matter when he eventually ends up on the Yankees roster.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html