`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Updated* Real or fake...you decide (used pants)

RE: Real or fake...you decide (used pants)
Thanks man!

(03-02-2013, 12:19 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: They look legit to me. All the ones Ive seen look just like yours. Nice pick up!!!

LOL Thanks man!

(03-02-2013, 09:06 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: They look great! Must be some way to get them certified.

I think that stain is what happens when you get pitched alittle too inside..

Yeah very true, I did get a response from him during the auction that I will post at the beginning.

(03-02-2013, 09:10 AM)uvaspina Wrote: With that provenance, I'd say a letter from the guy would suffice. It would be pretty weird (and unlikely) indeed if some former Rockies prospect were selling fake Todd Helton pants.

Thanks for the reply, I'll post a msg the seller sent me during the auction.

(03-02-2013, 09:23 AM)djohn Wrote: They look authentic, but the back story sounds odd to me. What player asks another player for their pants? I have to hope he asked for his whole uniform, but I would definitely inquire about it.

Thanks for the reply!

(03-02-2013, 02:53 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: I'd say legit.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

RE: *Updated* Real or fake...you decide (used pants)
Are they authentic Helton pants? Sure look that way. Were they worn by Helton? Possibly not.

Based on the story from the source it sounds like they were issued to Helton but never used by him and handed down to the player who sold them. This happens in Spring Training and the minors often with all equipment, including bats. The previous owner probably had a similar build to Helton (36 waist / 32 inseam) and these extra pants were given to him to wear.

RE: *Updated* Real or fake...you decide (used pants)
i would have to say this, they are Heltons pants, they appear to be game used. was it him who wore them, who cares you cant disprove it. this is a great pc item i would shadow box it full legnth of the pants and fold down the front waiste band to show the laundry tag on it. wish i could find some griffey stuff like this.
[Image: griffeypanel_zps5b8ec0f2.jpg]
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.