`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nash-debo13???

RE: nash-debo13???
i agree akt, at least have both users click accept trade. i send you an offer you like, you hit accept, and then it comes back to me for a final acceptance. that way both members have to click accept.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(02-28-2013, 09:37 PM)aktlingit Wrote: Not saying you did anything wrong ping, but it does point out one minor flaw in the trade mechanisms on the site.

There really needs to be a "Send As Offer" and "Send As Negotiation" type of setup to avoid this kind of drama. Send as Negotiation should never be allowed to be accepted, just modified and then either returned as an offer or further negotiation.

I'm sure we've all sent "offers" back over to someone that were way out of whack with the expectation they'd trim down to what they really wanted. Thankfully everyone I've dealt with is an upstanding citizen and does just that but I've always wondered how often what happened to you happens in general. Especially for those without the OPG, or at least claiming to not have the OPG and not know the book values.

Hope you get it all straightened out.
Yeah, you're right, but that's what the counteroffer function is for ... if I know I'm asking for too much, I'll just include a note something along the lines of "how many of these/which ones of these are you OK parting with?" and it usually doesn't take too long from there.

(02-28-2013, 10:13 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, you're right, but that's what the counteroffer function is for ... if I know I'm asking for too much, I'll just include a note something along the lines of "how many of these/which ones of these are you OK parting with?" and it usually doesn't take too long from there.
That's the theory behind counteroffer, but I can accept your counteroffer that contains too much and you have no say in it. Just because you sent me a message doesn't mean I have to adhere to it before accepting. That's basically what happened to ping from the way I read it.

We're saying there should be an additional step (either a different mechanism for negotiating or require BOTH sides to accept).

I totally agree with this. There should be an additional step that allows for a cleaner finish. I think the best way would be an accept and the finalize feature as ping bling suggests.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

(02-28-2013, 10:18 PM)aktlingit Wrote: That's the theory behind counteroffer, but I can accept your counteroffer that contains too much and you have no say in it. Just because you sent me a message doesn't mean I have to adhere to it before accepting. That's basically what happened to ping from the way I read it.

We're saying there should be an additional step (either a different mechanism for negotiating or require BOTH sides to accept).
That's true ... I guess I have too much faith in the other side being able to read, LOL

Sorry but new or not, anybody who accepts a trade like that without a clear understanding from the other member is questionable at best. Its about making a fair trade, not trying to capitalize on somebody elses mistake. I have had people send me a few trades where the BV is 2 to 1 in my favor, sometimes because they dont have the guide. I dont just hit accept and jump on the trade, I send a message explaining the value difference and ask if theyre sure they are ok with it.

(02-28-2013, 01:24 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: This is just a friendly heads up and if im wrong, I will ask a mod to delete this thread. I sent nash-debo13 a trade offer with around 1000 cards that I have that were possibly some of his wants. After a couple of days, he narrowed down the cards he wanted from me to 175 (bv approx 1700), the cards I wanted from him were bv 247. I stated if we come to an agreement that he would have to ship first since he is a new trader, and he agreed. I sent the trade back and told him that he could choose around 375 bv worth of cards from me unless he was asking for all gu's and autos, i would want it to be more even. Yesterday, he sends me a message, "did you send this as an offer, I will accept" and 3 hours later, without a reply from me, he accepts the trade (247 bv for 1700 bv) and then sends a message asking if I will send first??? All the years ive been on this site and through all the trades ive had, this has never happened to me and it raises flags in my book. Just be careful when dealing with nash-debo13, im not sure what he/she is up to. nash-debo13, if you want to respond on here or through pm, that would be fine. I hate to call you out but i dont want to see anyone get scammed on this site.
im sorry ping, im not trying to scam anyone on this site. I love this site and I wouldnt try to do any harm to it. But when someone sends me an offer i typically think they want to do it, and with the shipping thing i was just asking because i was scared of getting scamed because i dont know how clean the site is. Again, im sorry for the troubles and i just hope that i could stay on the site

Is this for real like you had to make a thread about him cause of an offer you sent him and he accepted and now you mad? Really?!? now you just made nash debo look bad and you like bad like honestly if you send an offer to someome dont joke around unless you actually want the transaction to be made... Idk if this site is to much for you to handle but idk if I was nash debo I would be pissed cause theres probably a good amount of people that saw this and thought hmmm well cause I shouldnt trade with him cause u say he scammed you...if you got scammed you wouldnt have the cards and also instead of making this thread you probably could have talked to him and said lets not do this trade I didnt mean to send it and im sure that would have been fine....us ur head next time you ruin someones legitimacy with other users thanks

“When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.”
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

Thank you, i honestly didnt do anything wrong. I accepted a trade that was offered to me and it wasnt a big deal all you have to do is not send the cards. And now its a big deal and everyone can see this and then they are going to think i scam, which isnt true, already made a deal with iamralpho in which i sent first...thanks anyways pingbling