`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save A Little $ On Shipping Inside the US

Save A Little $ On Shipping Inside the US
This isn't a secret or anything, but this used to not work. If you go to the post office and ship a parcel or whatever with no DC# (The greenish-yellow one), the machine that printed the labels for the clerk would print out the sticker with the postage printed on it and then would also print a sticker with a barcode on it. Well that barcode sticker had a "tracking number" printed on it as well, but you used to not be able to search that number on the USPS site....it was like a tracking number for internal use only I guess. Well now a month ago when the USPS did they latest batch of postage increases, delivery confirmation officially changed to what they now call USPS Tracking. Welllllll that barcode/tracking label that prints out with the postage is now searchable on the USPS site. MEANING if you go to the window to get your postage, you won't have to pay the $.90 extra for the additional tracking label. I was at the post office today and the clerk is a guy I know, so I was kinda asking about that and he shushed me because I guess they know it now but yet they still want people to pay for the additional tracking number. I figured this out when a person I bought a card from on eBay gave me a USPS tracking number and I checked the progress on the USPS site, but when it arrived it didn't have the traditional DC# sticker and only that pink/white barcode label. SOO if any of you guys still go to the post office to ship packages like I do, don't pay the extra $.90 for the Tracking Label. The number that prints off along with the postage label gets printed on the receipt as well and it is now trackable on the USPS site.