`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
12 2012 Contenders blasters and packs of retail Prizm..woah!

RE: 12 2012 Contenders blasters and packs of retail Prizm..woah!
(02-25-2013, 09:40 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: Man sorry about that. I am 13 for 13 on short print autographs.
No offense, but I think these card companies flat out lie sometimes.

If you are "13 for 13 on short prints," are they REALLY that hard to pull?

I mean, look at the actual players involved ... four Derek Wolfes and two Chris Raineys? For what, $180?

Of course they'll tell everyone they're short prints ... Beckett, the LCSs, the collectors, everybody ... because would people really buy them (for $30 a pop) to get those six cards, especially if they're redemptions, if they weren't "short prints" — that you pulled FOUR of the same guy of?

I mean, it's not like people are pulling Luck, RGIII or Wilson out of these blasters — just these "redemptions" (that are universally hated) of these scrub filler players that normally people would complain about pulling in other products.

No way. I don't buy it.

Sorry, I'm not meaning to rain on your parade or hijack the thread ... I'm really happy for you that you're flipping them for some good money.

I just feel sorry for the people that are fighting over these common autos, uh, I mean, short prints.

so wait, you didnt get an actual auto card in any of the contenders blasters?? Wow - just - wow.
dont care if they are supposedly SPéd, that is ridiculous.
But yeah, nice Wilsons
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(02-25-2013, 08:34 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: No offense, but I think these card companies flat out lie sometimes.

If you are "13 for 13 on short prints," are they REALLY that hard to pull?

I mean, look at the actual players involved ... four Derek Wolfes and two Chris Raineys? For what, $180?

Of course they'll tell everyone they're short prints ... Beckett, the LCSs, the collectors, everybody ... because would people really buy them (for $30 a pop) to get those six cards, especially if they're redemptions, if they weren't "short prints" — that you pulled FOUR of the same guy of?

I mean, it's not like people are pulling Luck, RGIII or Wilson out of these blasters — just these "redemptions" (that are universally hated) of these scrub filler players that normally people would complain about pulling in other products.

No way. I don't buy it.

Sorry, I'm not meaning to rain on your parade or hijack the thread ... I'm really happy for you that you're flipping them for some good money.

I just feel sorry for the people that are fighting over these common autos, uh, I mean, short prints.
I'm just going off their print runs. Who knows how many they actually produced in general. Only can go off what the company says right? People snatch them up. So be it. Actually now have 19 redemptions. 3 guys I have 3 each of.

(02-26-2013, 12:18 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: I'm just going off their print runs. Who knows how many they actually produced in general. Only can go off what the company says right? People snatch them up. So be it. Actually now have 19 redemptions. 3 guys I have 3 each of.
No, man, don't get me wrong ... sell, sell, sell! More power to you, LOL ...

If I remember correctly, none of the autos are numbered, right? (Other than the inserts, that's not what I'm talking about ...)

So, really, they could say, "Oh, there's only 342 Chris Raineys (or whatever, pick a number)," but since they're not numbered, who would know the difference if they actually printed 5,000 of them?

(Other than Chris Rainey, who signed them all, but I doubt pro athletes are actually checking Panini's site or eBay to find out the listed print runs of their own cards.)

Anyway, again, please don't think I'm criticizing your breaks — you pulled some sweet stuff.