`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW USA to CANADA Mailing Question

RE: NEW USA to CANADA Mailing Question
I would do this with mid range cards. Anything that would sell ( not bv) at $30 or more. If Higher I would work it in the deal somehow. One thing about all this talk about the cost of the shipping to Canada that you guys might not grasp. Is the fact that if someone is gonna collect hockey cards, and they live in the U.S. And they were to decide to "hit up" the Canadian traders ( who are by far the biggest hockey card collecting population) , because of shipping fee's. They could lose Canadians as trading friends. Just trading with Americans to save a few bucks, will cut your intake of cards by a lot. Sure , one could just buy on the bay. But thats with real money, here , the cards are the currency. You might have to pay a lil "duty" to send abroad.
Anyways...
~cheerz~
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

Most likely..these charges are just crazy

I am paying $2.20 for a regular bubble-mailer with one to four cards, and up to $6.55 for a thicker bubble-mailer with thick cards or many. I always say that they are cards, documents or photos. Technically all of these are viable and cannot cause confiscation. Dan, whoever told you that is not being truthful.

As for the cards coming out of the States, I would have to agree with Frank in letting your postal worker know that you are sending photos. The only thing that I would personally add in there it that you can get away with adding the decoy(s) for rigidity, as they would expect you to place cardboard or some form of protection around the photos. I have gone over the site and this would be the only option... just keep your envelopes smaller and thinner to avoid the higher costs. Best wishes!

Randi

Adding 1 decoy doesn't bring the thickness or weight up enough to gain significant charges. I use 1 decoy and it goes out the same as if with none.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Actually Guys , I asked this question just today to that same postal worker I know. " If I use a dense cardboard on the out side of my "photo's", would the cost be higher?"
His answer.
"Depends on the person taking the package. As a general rule, if we cant slightly bend the package with our hands. We cannot send it as a document/photo. And there would be a cost increase"
So using a decoy could cost you more. Its a crap shoot, depending on who serves you. I suggest you use, if I want to make a deal with someone that requests extra support. An extra top loader or 2 placed upside down with the loaders containing your trade cards. This helps keep the package more stable, yet it can still bend enough so as to not be too ridged.

I've never seen anyone test the flexibility, just the weight and whether it would go through the little slot dealie they have.

(02-25-2013, 12:32 PM)wickabee Wrote: I've never seen anyone test the flexibility, just the weight and whether it would go through the little slot dealie they have.
Maybe watch closer, I have always seen them squeeze the package, give a lil bend as they ask you whats in the package. I did notice this less when I lived in Canada. But here, every time they ask you "whats in the package", and give it a tweak. Also more so here, they remind you of the list (contaminants etc) of things that cant go via post, and point at the board containing the list.
Remember we are talking about post going to Canada from the U.S. not the other way around....=0p
Pluss are you sending as a Photo/doc..?.. If not they are prolly just sending as a package. Not a letter doc.

Unless I have more than 3 or so cards, I pay letter rates.

Y'know the weird thing Wick?... About 6 months ago the U.S. Postal service made a change. That change was anything that is sent via a bubble mailer would automatically be marked as a "Package", not a letter. I noticed the increase right away in postage. But now it seems they have gone back to being able to send doc's in a bubble. This has confused me for awhile now, not sure if they have just increased the postage of a doc going out in a bubble mailer or not.
What I do know is sending a doc in a bubble is way cheaper then a "package".
U.S. to U.S -Doc (up to 4 cards)- Under a buck
U.S. to U.S- Package ( up to 4 cards) $2.10-$2.45
U.S to Canada- Doc (up to 4 cards) - 2.15-2.45
U.S to Canada -Package- (up to 4 cards)- $3.50- $4.85
These are numbers I have actually had to pay over the past several months, as I tried to figure a better way. Bottom line , everyone has there own way to send. If your happy, good on ya. If not , just ask some questions, try things a diff way. And I have to say, if you get a good lookin girl behind the counter, give her a lil wink, turn on the charm.... hahahaha
~cheerz~
Fx

Charm works better on the homelier ones. They don't get it that often Wink

I'm not saying anyone is doing anything wrong, just giving my experience with CP. I will agree that with either system, there's no rhyme or reason visible at all.